Chronic Suicide Support

Full Version: Forum Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I upgraded the Forum last night from 1.8.3 to 1.8.5 ... keep your eyes open for things that go bump in the night.  Nothing went bump last night, but Murphy is still with us!!

Please make youselves aware of the content of the "Deleting Messages" post.  If a message from a thread has been deleted by the user (you'll see it in pink/light purple) please restore it.  If it's the last post in a thread you can permanently delete it.  I just don't want a bunch of messages deleted when they've been replied to - it makes a thread look really odd.
okelie dokelie
I've known that MyBBS has had an update for a bit now, but I haven't taken the time to apply it.
Coincidentally we seen to have been hit with a virus. Not sure how it came about but I think I've cured it. 

If you logged in and were getting the virus message, I can't say how sorry I am - or how disgusted; but I think we're back up and operating normally now.  Let me know via email (or PM or a reply here) if you encounter any problems.

//al
Everything's copacetic from my end.  Thanks for taking care of us Dragon; as if we needed more reasons to thank you!  Well, dammit , Thank you Dear Dragon (AGAIN)!
I updated the forum to the current MyBB version today ... please be on the look out for things that go "thud" //al
From time to time, myBB issues updates to the forum software.  Today (Feb 1,2017 where the hell did January go?) I updated from 1.8.7 to 1.8.10 which is just a set of security updates.  As always when we do an update I'd appreciate knowing when things don't work as expected - so, please let me know.
//al
Since there are no replies here, I'm gonna guess that all is well. Big Grin
We had another forum update pending (to myBB .12) installed it and everything seems to be working right.
I did, at the same time, delete anyone who created an account over 30 days ago and has never been back -if they aren't bots / spammers why did they register in the first place?  Anyway I deleted 48 user - if, for some reason you cannot log in, send me an email and I'll see if I can correct it - don't anticipate this happening!
Sometimes I wonder if people forget they registered.  But then they get the welcome email after they're approved, so...
Busy night and morning for me.  There was a forum update from the MyBB folks so we're now running v1.8.13.

At the same time, sorta, I picked up a plugin that allows you to 'Tag' users in messages as you're typing.  My thanks to @Jmliliana for her assistance getting this to work - she conveniently (for me) happened to be on while I was installing and testing.

When you want to tag someone, type an @ and a box will pop up, as you type a part of the name you will see suggestions - if you click on one of them (or complete typing the name) they will be tagged in your message and sent an alert.

To see what alerts you have, click on the "Alerts" icon (on the same line with "User CP") from there you can go to the message in which you were tagged, or delete all outstanding alerts.  They do not delete themselves automatically - you will have to delete them.

Enjoy and let me know how this works for you!! //al

BTW:  You will be sent an alert whenever you:
AlReceive alert for reputation?
   Receive alert for Private Message (PM)?
   Receive alert when added to buddylist?
   Receive alert when quoted in a post?
   Receive alert when somebody replies to your thread?
   Receive alert when somebody replies to one of your subscribed threads?
   Receive alert when one of your posts is liked?

You can change these by selecting the "User CP" -> (part way down on the left) "Alert Settings" 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8