Poll: What's your favorite flavor(s) of pie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Apple
18.52%
5 18.52%
Pumpkin
7.41%
2 7.41%
Cherry
11.11%
3 11.11%
Mincemeat
3.70%
1 3.70%
Blueberry
14.81%
4 14.81%
Boston Cream
7.41%
2 7.41%
Pecan
11.11%
3 11.11%
Peanut butter
3.70%
1 3.70%
Lemon Merangue
3.70%
1 3.70%
Other - say what in forum
18.52%
5 18.52%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Your Favorite Flavor(s) of Pie?
(04-09-2019, 11:19 PM)jman197 Wrote: It doesn't have pizza sauce on it. It literally just a Bavarian Cream Pie but it's in pizza form. It has pizza crust and pizza dough. But it's a pie. I guess I don't know how to explain it right. Anyway it's delicious and I'm sad I can't get it no more. Sad

Oh, your explanation was good enough but as much as I like a good pizza or a Bavarian Creme Pie I just can't picture ( mentally taste ) the combination.
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
@Satiny we also celebrate pi day! My hands were injured but my mum made blackberry pie with the pi symbol cut into the top crust. Yum! Your berries and chocolate pie sounds delicious, would you be willing to share the recipe?
A bucket full of wishes... is sometimes too heavy

Loved  Gloomy
@UnicornSmudge I don't really bake such stuff after recipes because I kinda got a feeling for it. I make some pie crust (Mürbeteig called in German, dictionary says shortcrust) and I like to replace some of the flour by powdered almond or hazelnuts. The dough must be in the fridge for some time. I mix some berries, chocolate chips, sugar and starch in a bowl. Then I put some of the dough in the form and put it in the fridge again.
I place chocolate chips on the dough and then put the berry-mixture above it. I cut the rest of the dough into stripes and lay it on the top of the cake and coat it with beaten egg (how to say that correctly? Using a whisk to stir the egg Big Grin ). Bake it in the oven (180°C) and let it cool.
edit: I like to use a mix of dark chocolate chips and milk chocolate. It's a good compromise, because some love to eat very sweet pie and some don't like so much sugar.
A first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die. ~ F. Kafka
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Satiny for this post:
  • UnicornSmudge
@Satiny
Oh my, that sounds amazing ! Yes, "beaten" egg is correct. For the pie crust, is it just the flours plus shortening and salt and a little bit of water? Is this the type of crust that you roll out?  when my hands are better, I must make one of these!
A bucket full of wishes... is sometimes too heavy

Loved  Gloomy
Beaten egg sounds sooo wrong Big Grin
@UnicornSmudge I make the crust with flour (+ powdered nuts) + butter + powdered sugar + an egg and yea a little bit of salt. The butter must be cold and your hands should be, too and one shouldn't knead too long and put in in the fridge, because it's a Mürbeteig.
  • UnicornSmudge
It's interesting that beat and whip have two divergent meanings.
Quote: whipping is when you turn something into a froth or foam such as eggs into meringue.
when you whip, it usually means mixing something fast until it becomes thick; it usually has a change in texture, color and volume.this usually takes about 15 minutes to 30 minutes..
beating is just to mix something together, like when you beat an egg, you don't make it bubbly and thick, you stop when it just combines. This is like mixing fast for about 30 seconds.

but I can't find a definition for the pugilistic variation:
If you beat someone, it's - in my opinion - more damaging. Whipping someone would - again in my opinion - simply defeat them without, necessarily, much physical damage.

in the games arena - I think they'd be pretty much interchangeable. The Yankees beat (or whipped) the Dodgers - though I think whipped might be more extreme. They "beat them 5 to 4" where "they whipped them 9 to 0"

comment se va??
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Dragon for this post:
  • Satiny, UnicornSmudge
Language is a crazy thing!
Beat an egg - "Ein Ei aufschlagen" if you literally translate it - means in German to crack an egg open. So beating an egg meaning to mix the egg white and the yolk together kinda confused me.
  • Dragon
@Satiny Difference please between "Ein Ei aufschlagen" and "Ein Ei öffnen" Google isn't a lot of help there....
-- Helen Keller
@Dragon
Ein Ei aufschlagen = opening an egg by cracking it open e.g. at the edge of the table or the bowl. Only works with raw eggs.
Ein Ei öffnen = opening an egg in general. You can use it for e.g. peeling an a boiled egg, too.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Satiny for this post:
  • Dragon, UnicornSmudge
heres a fun little discussion
blue in general is a really nice color that a lot of people like. and whats cool about it is that there are SO MANY DIFFERENT PIGMENTS FOR IT.

so im wondering, what is your favorite single blue paint pigment that you like to use/ most commonly use and why??

ill make a happy little poll with someone the common single pigments but feel free to share anything