Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to have a partee! Will you join me?
I'm still around a little for anyone who decides to join. Thanks @UnicornSmudge for hosting this little party!
A first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die. ~ F. Kafka
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Satiny for this post:
  • UnicornSmudge
@Dragon That took care of it. Smile
"variety, conflict even, is life and... uniformity is death" - Kropotkin
Sorry I had to leave! Thanks for coming to chat guys!
A bucket full of wishes... is sometimes too heavy

Loved  Gloomy
Let's do it again sometime. It was fun to talk to Satiny real time. I also like that the chat isn't logged, since I'm a chatterbox and I don't write very well.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ashley for this post:
  • UnicornSmudge
It's always fun (well, most of the time) to just set down and let it all hang out. I'm sorry that I had to run away but I've been trying to get a newsletter set up for the crisis centers and getting ahold of the fellow responsible has always been a bad joke.
When I need to talk with him, he's always busy, thus short or curt, when it's not about something I'm trying to do he'll talk for hours. (( Does that say something about his interest or ???? ))

@Ashley don't be so self deprecating - you wirte just fine. I commented that you all would get a chance to see how well I don't type when we're in chat 'cause I don't bother with the spell checker there and man I can certainly mangle some spelling. It's informal, so why worry if you "don't write very well"?

I've never been the most active person in chat. I sometimes get the feeling that you all are feeling that you're being talked down to by 'grandpa' which causes me to write less. (( notice I said that's *MY* feeling, not that any of you have given me reason to feel that way. ))
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Dragon for this post:
  • UnicornSmudge
I feel uncomfortable, too, because I have to look up lots of words and I'm never sure if I understand things correctly. But I really enjoyed your company!
A first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die. ~ F. Kafka
@Satiny I am really glad you move through that and put in the effort though! Your English is very good! And i really enjoyed chatting with you!
@Dragon I'm glad you were around, and your input is always appreciated by everyone here i am pretty sure!
@Ashley I'm sorry i missed you! I had to go find out about work drama lol so I left early. I haven't noticed any evidence that you "don't write well". I think you maneuver the language just fine. I'm glad you and Satiny and Dragon were able to connect though! Maybe we will have another go sometime soon.

Loved  Gloomy
@Dragon I definitely can relate to feeling like "Grandpa" who is completely tuned out and ignored. It happens so fast. I know that @Satiny is probably young enough to be my daughter but she has the talent of being able to let me just forget that for awhile and relate as two equals.

I get the impression that it might be that way with @UnicornSmudge when we get a chance or sometimes I just like to listen to other people talk. It grounds me when everybody afk or in power over me is overwhelming me with gaslighting and then saying dismissive things like "Stop yelling", "behave yourself", "they never said that", "that never happened", "sooner or late someone is going to call the police", "get ahold of yourself", "you do not feel that way you feel this way", "that is not your favourite colour, everybody knows...", "stop exaggerating"......

Sometimes all it takes is someone to play rock-paper-scissors-lizard-spock at the right time.

I just really, REALLY need someone to play rock-paper-scissors-lizard-spock at those moments. I just do.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ashley for this post:
  • Satiny
@Ashley shall we just ignore that fact that I was in High School when *you* were born? And, you were probably in High School when @UnicornSmudge was born??

I do like that we tend to talk to each other as equals - ignoring (not knowing) a lot of things about each other. Because of an incident a few years back I felt I had to add the requirement for a birthday when you log in - I *personally* don't care how old (or young) you are - but if you're a teeny bopper (excuse me while I date myself) and declare that you're going to "off yourself" tonight, I'm going to do everything I can to convince you to do otherwise. Here in the States, I can be accused of being complicit in someones suicide.

Some of this, BTW, is just testing to make sure that the changes I made earlier are working correctly.
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
@Ashley ! How do you make a lizard-spock??? Smile) lol i meam or a lizard or a Spock??
I am seriously always suggesting rock paper scissors as a way to solve the problem, especially when folks are trying to figure out something serious. I love the look they give me.
Ah, being dismissed or ignored by those causing you harm/problems/etc and then basically telling you to shut up and that's your lot to chew on, really angers me. I've been getting better at setting boundaries (i.e. my loss of job, ha) but i have oh so long to go on that path. But, i cannot just keep letting people push my boundaries and disrespect my essential needs. I'm sorry it sounds like there is a lot of toxicity in the people in your life rn. It is so much to deal with :/ i send you strength and light in our minds...

@Dragon and @Ashley ...
This forum/community has helped me so much in the last month and a half. I've been working on many parts of my life, and oh so much to do there lol... but, the community here, and Dragon's wry sense of humor (seriously sometimes I am rolling!), the openness of the platform where i can come and join a conversation, vent, offer support when the words come to me, or just lurk when i am low energy but can find solace in others' stories and struggles.... this is an amazing place made up of amazing, weird, beautiful souls. Also, lets also say that having worked in the service industry, and having been the "new chica in town" a few times in the past 5+ years, it is nice to connect with folks, esp. men who are older and can share some crotchety wisdom, without having them get creepy! I didn't realize there are so many old guys who try to creep on young ladies intil working in bars and restaurants... sheeeesh!
So, thank you guys for being real and making this a safe and respectful community. So, from my perspective, and i am sure this is shared by many here, age should not be a separating factor. Of couse, it does contribute to a different set of experiences, perception, and perspective... but, these things help give us the distiction of finding things that are relatable in each others struggles and also being able to share different ways of coping or seeing the situation. Or whatever. I guess i just mean that, i can understand why you both might feel that way, but i think that this community appreciates when you do contribute and interact for so many reasons! At least, I do! And when someone from a different background and life experience and generation says something that resonates strongly, it makes it even more validating, i.e. this person has somolar experience, struggle, whatever, and while we are so different we are still human, and sharing the impact of these things in life and showing thst yes, certain things still impact different people and their emotions and their lives and relationships in such similar ways is very helpful to know that i am not the only one who has these types.of experiences or feelings or responses.
Aghhhh. That may not be clear. But i tried.
Time for some rock-paper-scissors-lizard-spock.....

Loved  Gloomy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Chat Option - Join us on Discord! nameless the dog-boy 4 10,737 02-24-2022, 07:58 PM
Last Post: nikoo_o