Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to have a partee! Will you join me?
@Satiny
I actually had a headache yesterday and didnt want to do any math lol but i was thinking of you especially and the time diff so thank you so much for picking that up!
Let's do Friday evening then. Ill just get on when i get home, which will probably be abt 9pm.
And no worries, the technocal stuff baffles me but i should learn about it!

@Ashley @nightsong @Dragon @Echo66 @jman197 @bloom4 @Abzilla @millionth @Write2Cope @Downandtothenorth @Jmliliana @_brokenwingedbird_ @"Decoy-Salamander"

I just tagged most of the folks i think I've interacted with here...
Yer all invited! (Ha...) friday evening after 9pm PST, group chat.
@Dragon if you feel like creating a time zone chart... up to you.
Looking foreward to chatting with everyone.
A bucket full of wishes... is sometimes too heavy

Loved  Gloomy
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to UnicornSmudge for this post:
  • Satiny
There's this one anyway:

https://www.worldtimezone.com/

I'm really looking forward to it. It's going to be an interesting week as far as family problems so having the perspective of something else to think about and knowing that I will have other people to interact with in real time is really going to help.

I'm not even nervous about being shy or having a slow computer and relatively slow connection any more.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ashley for this post:
  • UnicornSmudge
(07-31-2018, 09:33 AM)UnicornSmudge Wrote: @Satiny
I actually had a headache yesterday and didnt want to do any math lol but i was thinking of you especially and the time diff so thank you so much for picking that up!
Let's do Friday evening then. Ill just get on when i get home, which will probably be abt 9pm.

@Ashley @nightsong @Dragon @Echo66 @jman197 @bloom4 @Abzilla @millionth @Write2Cope @Downandtothenorth @Jmliliana @_brokenwingedbird_ @"Decoy-Salamander"

I just tagged most of the folks i think I've interacted with here...
Yer all invited! (Ha...) friday evening after 9pm PST, group chat.
@Dragon if you feel like creating a time zone chart... up to you.
Looking foreward to chatting with everyone.

GUYS! Guys... and gals... i got fired today! (Oh, how fabulous...)
So, if i don't find a new job by friday, we might as well hang out earlier.
Like 12pm pst... or maybe I'll just plan to host all day lol. or whatever is better for everyone. Now i want input! On your Friday availabilities... Pretty please!

Loved  Gloomy
Sorry to hear that Sad what happened?
12 PM PST is fine, too. It seems to be 9 PM in my place. Kinda strange, but whatever.
A first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die. ~ F. Kafka
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Satiny for this post:
  • UnicornSmudge
It WORKS!!!!!! I do have to enable the javascript for CSS itself but that is literally the only thing there. I'm on, but I might fall asleep with the laptop open or be reading a loooooooooong article on another tab if I don't answer right away.
@Satiny
Aw, thanks for your concern abt my job! But, I'm not devastated by it or anything. It was not really anything i did, so basically it was inevitable. My boss is just a giant bitch (i used stronger words when talking with my counselor abt the situation), not my fault she doesn't like me or how I am, how I work, and how straighforward i address peoole and situations... so i don't really care. I was doing really well, connecting with customers and making really good tips (like 25%-50%!). And i think she wanted to squash that by giving me extra tasks thst i wasn't trained in or prepared for. I tried the extra tasks, it was a shitshow and she was there to see it, and so the next day i told her i wasnt comfortable with the new tasks, that they are outside my skillset. So she fired me, but on the grounds that she "wasnt comfortable with the conversation" and "didn't want to be told what to do in her restaurant". Whoop-dee-do, lady. I'm sorry but $11.50/hr isnt enough for me to be her bitch, especially if she's assigning me things that will make my service worse amd my tips go down. Her attitide was my main issue (seriously, she doesn't own my ass!), so i had to set a clear boundary, i.e. "I'm not comfortable with short order cooking and this has not been my responsibility before, and clearly i am not good at it" (I'm a server). I was only there for a few months since i just moved here mid April. In the history of my life, it's just the blink of an eye. I had to set a boundary with her and she didn't want to respect it. The problem is all hers. And i hope her sales plummet Big Grin
Not worth my time if shes gonna try to make me fail and humiliate myself instead of being able to give great service and product. I can give great service elsewhere. Or i can find a low key job and just make 11.50 without the stress i don't need. I really could care less. She's a bitch to everyone anyway so i wasn't going to argue with her, there is no point. "Bye Felicia" as the kids say these days...
/endrant

Loved  Gloomy
@UnicornSmudge Go, you! I could get political but I won't, I'm just glad you set a firm boundary, accepted the situation, and are ready to move on.

I was sitting in chat yesterday but this morning I got some sort of an error. I'll try again or maybe reboot or something. My tech is a mess right now.

I don't want to spew irrelevant personal information into the internet right now I just want to thank everyone for holding my hand and playing silly games with me during a situation. I'm still shaking and I want to walk out of my house with nothing but the clothes on my back and go start a new life somewhere but we all want things we can't have. Die gedanken sind frei.
"variety, conflict even, is life and... uniformity is death" - Kropotkin
@Ashley can you give me the error you're seeing. I'm trying to implement SSL on the forum but Google isn't happy with what I'm doing.
For some reason, Chronicsuicidesupport.com and chronicsuicidesupport.com/forum are not completely secure and chronicsuicidesupport.com/forum/chat is not secure at all and these are supposed to 'drop down'
Eventually I'm going to have to put a "cookies" notice up - but that at least should be a one time thing. Frustrated!!!!!!
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
It's a 404 error and I was getting bluehost mixed up with bluehome. You're based in the US so undoubtedly there's going to be a mess with the GDPR that is NOT YOUR FAULT and all of us would rather have to deal with agreeing to accept cookies than seeing a "this content is not available in your area" notice and a blank page, which is what happened to a lot of reputable US news sites when the GDPR went into effect.

You absolutely have to allow the search engine bots including Facebook. We all need to take responsibility for our own situations and our own safety since we're coming from different places, not just geographically, but also with our privacy needs and knowledge/preferences about tech.

Here's a screenshot:

https://coinsh.red/p/Screenshot.of.404.error
"variety, conflict even, is life and... uniformity is death" - Kropotkin
Got it. The whole movement to have everything that crosses the web encrypted from point to point is - in my opinion - a good idea. Setting it up to work right is a pain in the touchas!

I have to take one dog to the vet this afternoon so I'll look at it when I come back from there - probably about 19:00 my time.

Just renamed the .htaccess file and it should work correctý now. (( not the right way to do it but .... ))
@Ashley let me know, please.
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Chat Option - Join us on Discord! nameless the dog-boy 4 10,583 02-24-2022, 07:58 PM
Last Post: nikoo_o