Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to have a partee! Will you join me?
@Ashley is right, I could be her daughter Wink But this is what I like about this place. Everyone's taken seriously, even a spring chicken like me. Our diverse group of people from different generations is something special; many groups are way more homogeneous, but I think everyone around here benefits because of the different views we all have. Not only caused by our age differences, of course, there are many more differences, but we all respect each other and this is what makes this place safe and comforting. I can learn so much from your experience of life and I'm so thankful that you all share your various thoughts!
Ah - and I really like rock-paper-scissors-lizard-spock !
A first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die. ~ F. Kafka
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Satiny for this post:
  • Ashley, UnicornSmudge
Wtf   Okay, I had to go look ...

[Image: ff1.jpg]

Okay, now that makes sense .... kids today can't be satisfied with things as they should be - they gotta change it all!!!!   Tongue
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Dragon for this post:
  • UnicornSmudge
@Dragon @Ashley
How do you make a lizard with your hands? Or do i need a new pet...
A bucket full of wishes... is sometimes too heavy

Loved  Gloomy
@UnicornSmudge I know this game from Big Bang Theory, not sure if they invented it. It's explained within the first minute of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Q6-wMx-K8
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Satiny for this post:
  • UnicornSmudge
Nope, they didn't invent it - Sam Kass did or he says he did on his website.  At 11 seconds into the video @Satiny posted they credit Sam Kass (all hail Sam Kass!) with the "invention".
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
@Dragon yep, that's where I got it from. Smile

The height of silly for when rock, paper, and scissors just aren't enough.
"variety, conflict even, is life and... uniformity is death" - Kropotkin
How have I never seen this before????  This is totally awesome.  Big Grin
Quote:"You'd be a lot safer & a lot happier if you were dumber."- My Therapist
Thanks @Dragon ! I should probably listen better to the videos I post…
So tired... but so glad to be shown the way here lol. You guys are awesome
A bucket full of wishes... is sometimes too heavy

Loved  Gloomy
Thank you for the warm welcome and including me in this special place. I've been reading more about the culture of the board as far as age and aging and it looks like @Dragon has already set the precedent as far as how I want to talk about how a sudden change in society's perception affects me: I'm still me. This is an interesting experience I want to talk about and maybe give some younger folks a "heads up" so they don't get blindsided, but it does not define me. I did not suddenly wake up one morning and decide to become an "old person".

It makes me so sad and angry that I couldn't give my kids simple things I took for granted, like time to "go outside and play" with dogs and other kids and nature, but it helps to talk to other people their ages, who are just people like myself and the "missing sixtysomethings" who used to mentor me online, and that we have more similarities than differences.

I like having friends of different ages and being able to acknowledge that just as matter of factly as we do living in different countries and growing up with different native languages.
"variety, conflict even, is life and... uniformity is death" - Kropotkin
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ashley for this post:
  • Dragon

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Chat Option - Join us on Discord! nameless the dog-boy 4 10,585 02-24-2022, 07:58 PM
Last Post: nikoo_o