Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Update
I cant find the "Thank you"-button anymore @Dragon /: ?
A first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die. ~ F. Kafka
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Satiny for this post:
  • Dragon
Argh, to make things install right I have to disable some plugins. The "Thanks" is among them. One thing I can't remember to do is to set this to "all posts" rather than "first post"

Thank you ma'am.
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Dragon for this post:
  • Satiny
An update to MyBB 1.3.8 and it has a typo need to find and fix it.  In the meantime the 'MMMM's are gonna be here for a while.
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Dragon for this post:
  • nightsong
MMMM's?

Oooohhhh, Now I get it.  Big Grin
Quote:"You'd be a lot safer & a lot happier if you were dumber."- My Therapist
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to nightsong for this post:
  • Dragon
Hokay, I think I have everything fixed again!! The problem was that a plugin that I had installed years ago ( Literally!! ) didn't clean up after itself when I deleted it and the boards plugin manager was looking for the file by a different name ... fissed!!
-- Helen Keller
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Dragon for this post:
  • nightsong, Satiny
Hey @Dragon ! Nightsong encountered and issue and I have the same thing… The website throws a ton of warnings. If I scroll beyond them, the forum is accessible.
I can't possibly copy-paste all the warnings, but I can provide a screenshot if necessary. But chances are that you have the same issue?
A first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die. ~ F. Kafka
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Satiny for this post:
  • Dragon
Yes, I'm seeing them and *I* haven't made any changes to anything. Gonna have to go look at the MyBB forum and see what came up.

Been there and not seeing anything that looks like this. I have disabled several plugins which reduces the number of warnings but still no idea where they came from.
-- Helen Keller
Bluehost changed the version of PHP that we're using to 8 and a lot of the plugins we've been using aren't ready for PHP8 ...
I'll have to check the status of the plugins and see what works and what doesn't.
I have turned off the display of error and warnings ... they're still there but we don't see them.
-- Helen Keller
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Dragon for this post:
  • nightsong, Satiny
That's far beyond my level of expertise, thank you!
Quote:"You'd be a lot safer & a lot happier if you were dumber."- My Therapist
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to nightsong for this post:
  • Dragon
(02-07-2024, 09:19 PM)nightsong Wrote: That's far beyond my level of expertise, thank you!

Actually it's not.  For someone who can start her own business and keep it going for, what, 4 years understanding why PHP works the way it does (or doesn't) shouldn't be that big a problem.  No one's asking you to write 'stuff' but being able to talk to the folks who can - you really can do that!

... and sorry about waking you up. I forget about that time difference. ...
-- Helen Keller