Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Onion - "Suicide Attempts A Desperate Cry For Death"
(05-02-2010, 02:01 AM)Light link Wrote: How is it that we as humans can put down and animal and call it humane yet we let our fellow humans suffer until they die. Why is it inhumane to put a human to sleep and not the same for an animal? Why is it inhumane to put someone out of their misery? I believe if we have the right to live then we should also have the right to die.
~Light~

These are very good points. We put animals out of their misery if they are suffering, but not humans.

My guess is that emotional bonds with animals are less than they are with humans. I've seen quite a few euthanasias on TV on the Animal Planet and they always make me tear up. It's an emotional experience to watch.  Sad

You know, Euthanasia isallowed in 4 states here in the USA now that I think about it. Oregon is one of the states I think. So it's not unheard of.
"I want to thrive, not just survive." - Thrive, Switchfoot

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Onion - "Suicide Attempts A Desperate Cry For Death" - by Lurker.In.The.Night - 06-07-2010, 06:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Onion: Stouffers To Include Suicide Prevention Tips on Frozen Meals marga 3 2,483 04-23-2010, 01:06 PM
Last Post: unlegendary