Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some old junk I learned in college art and on my own..
My dad used to tell me he's seen better heads on a nickel beer.. As I age I tend to agree with him, but being I'm not gay I don't find it to surprising that I don't find much attractive in a mans face, mine especially.  Tongue None the less I do appreciate the compliment.. (it IS a compliment isn't it? LOL)
As I've aged I've learned to more appreciate others version of art more. When I was younger I saw art and often thought it was crap probably more because I wanted art to reflect reality more than abstract ideas and concepts. I wanted to specialize in technical illustrations at one time and was pretty good at it too. I was never into cubism or some of the harder to interpret styles. Artists such as Jackson Pollack I thought were mere crackpots who got lucky then when I did begin rubbing elbows with the well to do when I was invited to "showings" as they were called I learned in many circles the art didn't matter near as much as the artists interaction with his/her sponsors or, well, customers.
Later I wanted to become a chef and found that world to be even worse. People will pay huge amounts to eat so little as long as it's arranged on the plate pretty and the "atmosphere" of the place they're eating is "pretty"...the same goes with automobiles. After all, what does a car do? It goes from point A to point B. A broken down luxury automobile gets you there no faster than a broken down Ford Pinto..At that point they're both just piles of potential rust. Wink
I dropped back into my old collegiate artist digs a few years ago and hanging in the gallery were gigantic paintings of penises and the style was crap more so than the content..
Yep..most of it's still crap. LOL I haven't changed as much as I thought. Wink
"The thought of suicide is a powerful solace: by means of it one gets through many a bad night" -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Messages In This Thread
Re: some old junk I learned in college art and on my own.. - by unlegendary - 02-23-2010, 08:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Art therapy prompts UnicornSmudge 1 3,007 09-22-2019, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Kittystoner21