Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the Saddest Song You've Ever Heard?
I hope it's working now. The imagery is beautiful and heartrending. When I play the song on my guitar, I add in an additional verse. It's kind of an amusing co-incidence but you can pluck this right out of George Orwell's 1984 and plop it down in your tablature:

Under the spreading chestnut tree
I sold you and you sold me
There they lie and here lie we
Under the spreading chestnut tree

and get sort of an Orwell & Garfunkel sad love song for the whole world.

This video is on a site that I actually use instead of scraping with youtube-dl and the imagery looks like how I remember the institution where my (trans) brother was incarcerated from age 10 until the insurance money ran out:

https://archive.org/details/PINKFLOYDANO...KINTHEWALL

but I haven't been brave enough to find out if it is in ruins or if the ostentatious and unnecessary furnishings were auctioned off on eBay to the highest bidder. It's kind of cathartic to think about these places just abandoned and rotting away, even though I know that the mainstream modern mental health care industry is no walk in the park either.
"variety, conflict even, is life and... uniformity is death" - Kropotkin

Messages In This Thread
Re: What's the Saddest Song You've Ever Heard? - by jennymarie - 11-19-2010, 10:42 PM
RE: What's the Saddest Song You've Ever Heard? - by Ashley - 08-01-2018, 01:42 PM
Re: What's the Saddest Song You've Ever Heard? - by Meliadus - 04-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Re: What's the Saddest Song You've Ever Heard? - by tumbleweed - 04-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Re: What's the Saddest Song You've Ever Heard? - by GottaGo - 06-13-2010, 12:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the Happiest Song You've Ever Heard? Lurker.In.The.Night 1 1,841 12-14-2017, 05:39 PM
Last Post: Satiny