Chronic Suicide Support

Full Version: CSS Possible move
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, it's more probable than possible.  I received my annual bill from BlueHost (the company where CSS has resided for years) and once again it's been stepped up - last year it was US$155, this year it's US$171.  My problem is that's continued to have a $10-$20 increase every year and that begins to ... well, as much as I'd love to have deep pockets, I don't.

InMotion Hosting - an entirely US held company - has quoted me US$194 for 3 years ( note: that's approximately US$65 a year -vs- the current US$171.)  At the moment I'm not sure what that will go up to at the end of the three years, I expect a price increase just not the $15+ that I've been paying BlueHost.

I'm open to any comments you might have.  If I move the forum to InMotion, we'll be down for a couple (???) of days and when we return everything will be the same - you shouldn't notice any difference (but we all well know how that works, right?)

NB:  for the truth in this, under this BlueHost account, I'm also hosting my own domain and one for a local volunteer organization both of which are included in the fee.
I support. Thanks for the continuous transparency.
I also support this.
Im incredibly grateful to this place, and I always will be.
Sounds like a plan. A good one.
I also support. If it's cheaper for all of us then I don't mind a few days of down time.
Wow that sounds like saving lots of money, thus moving seems to be quite a good idea? I'm very grateful for you hosting this forum!
There are days where stupidity seems to be the rule. I talked with BlueHost and they renewed our account for two years for $166 - yep, the renewal for two years was less that a renewal for a single year. We'll be here for two more years at the very least.

So that said, everything will continue on as we have - at least till it's time to renew again which will be in April of 2021. In part it's a case of "the devil I know" as well as the desire of every depressed person I know to not have things change! ('Cause every time the did change they got worse!, right?)

Thank you for your comments and your continued support.
Renewal time again and with a few other things I've got going on I'm not going to be concerned with moving it to another host. I will note that I probably will not renew it in two years if activity remains as low as it has been.

Two years = $350.
(03-23-2021, 12:49 PM)Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]Renewal time again and with a few other things I've got going on I'm not going to be concerned with moving it to another host.  I will note that I probably will not renew it in two years if activity remains as low as it has been.

Two years = $350.

I can't pretend to be part of the solution, either financially or in terms of participation, but it always makes me feel a little better when I'm in the (bad) mood to login. Recently let my own blog die a natural death due to lack of activity on both my part and both my subscribers failure to comment regularly Smile
I find it sad if this place vanishes, but at the same time I do understand because it is bit quiet around here. How big is the database and everything this forum holds?