Chronic Suicide Support

Full Version: SSL and stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In july (like this month) Google is not going to work with non-ssl sites (that is sites that start of with http:// - notice no 's')

I don't know how much "not work" is going to cover, it may be nothing more than notifying you that you're using an insecure website to not allowing you to connect at all.

If you can't access the forum using Chrome, you might try another browser and let me know ... if I sound like I'm a bit lost as to the requirement to have a secure site is being mandated for non-financial sites - you're right.
Okay, you can read all you want to about what the differences between HTP and HTTPS are just search for them using google.

With Google stressing that they want ALL websites to be secure (now why they think *we* should be secure when we never have been before in our lives is beyond me) so I've enabled HTTPS on the site. Ramifications - I haven't the foggiest, if things look odd, let me know and I'll see what I can do. For the time being you should be able to get to the site with either HTTP:// or HTTPS://

I've been on the phone with Bluehost, our current hosting company, for a good part of the afternoon working out some other bugs ... let's hope that the whole place doesn't crash and burn!
Chrome isn't my cup of tea, but everything looks fine to me on Icecat 52.3.0 32 bit. I've got NoScript on and nothing special enabled.

I'm not a fan of Firefox Quantum so I'll probably be switching to Netsurf when my plug-ins reach EOL unless I can get iceweasel-uxp working or something, which is highly unlikely. Boring old vanilla Debian Stable with non-free not enabled is more my speed these days.
Yeah. What he said. In whatever language that was. ?
@nightsong I was just making some rather belated positive comments about how the site displays very nicely for me on two rather non-mainstream browsers without my having to enable unnecessary javascript.

But if you like the microsoft windows brand of proprietary operating system or love your mac, the tl/dr is just that I'm a hobbyist and my confusing post was just a "*nix thing".

< warm smiles >
My apologies Ashley. I wasn't paying attention & thought Dragon had posted that. He & I tease each other all the time. I'm definitely a Windows/Chrome girl all the way.
I'm going to try to be sensitive instead of joining in the teasing because I know that you are in good hands. Smile

Do feel free to ask me any general security/internet/computer questions if you're ever in a tight spot, though. My knowledge of Windows Current and Chrome is extremely limited but my intentions are good and my appreciation of your posts and friendship is genuine.
I just found this site by accident and love all the writing that says things in my head I would never put on paper. Will I still be able to find it looking for”bus stop”?
Oddly enough, no. At one time it was easy enough to find that way since the logo image is a bus and the often used phrase for committing suicide is to "catch the bus." Out of curiosity I tried finding us with a Google search for "bus stop" and we don't appear to be there.
Sarfari on apple and Samsung. I said I was computer ilerate. Bus stop was a link in a article I was reading about chronic suicide feelings. I do not remember the article. I have been exploring the site and reading lots. So many similar experiences with words attached. I feel a huge relief to know there are more. Would not want to loose this. I so want sign my name but can’t.
Pages: 1 2