Chronic Suicide Support

Full Version: Guided meditation to help sleep (link!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
I've been using this guided meditation to get to sleep for the past week. It is a mild form of hypnosis... 
I have noticed my thoughts being calmer during the day and my mornings when i become conscious have been less tearful or anxious. I even had a nonviolent dream (rare for me) (about playing soccer, yay!)

The meditation takes you canoeing down a river to your own private place that you create. It is work to focus on her guiding words while relaxing. I have to do a lot of slow deep breathing to calm my system. some nights i get there and some nights like last night my thoughts keep interrupting my ability to sink into the vision and explore the place, but i still enter sleep in a more calm way. Other nights i have had success in fully immersing myself in the vision and exploring the land.

The link takes you to the app, (audiojoy) which has a million meditations. It's free! I have it on my android phone. 

The meditation I use is found under "guided meditations for mindfulness, relaxation, and sleep (20+ mins each)". You have to scroll down a bit to get to that section. Select it and a menu of meditations comes next.
The one I use is titled, "Falling Asleep Meditation 22:40"

Be advised, if you are sensitive like me, i don't recommend all of the meditations. I tried a few and they made me cry inconsolably (i am really sad, clearly, or you could say in constant fight/flight... and it was telling me to see myself as solid and strong like a mountain, which I am not.... so i then felt more guilt and shame than i already do...), so I learned to listen to them all the way through without participating first to make sure i wasn't triggered.

via Guided Meditations on Audiojoy

http://taps.io/BYQaA
I have to pick on you ... if you don't have an Android device or and iPhone (meaning just a PC) you're out of luck as far as I can tell. You ( @UnicornSmudge ) do say that you have it on your Android and if I hadn't stepped on mine and cracked the screen Id try it out. (( Replacement tablet arrives tomorrow. ))

I do have several (*MANY*) easy listening / nature tracks hat I listen to sometimes.
@Dragon
Totally fair! I haven't used a computer regularly in a few years, so i get it. This is definitely limiting in access for those without a smartphone or apple device. I did think of that when i decided to post, but should have mentioned that, i see now. In the not so near future/when i feel more motivated, (i say when, not if, since I'm not dead yet i tell myself, it has to go up from here, right?) I'll try to find and post something along these lines. I'm sure there are websites out there with similar recordings, I actually am pretty sure I probably have this information written down somewhere, but i am so very disorganized! So much papers !
I can't sleep so this would be the perfect moment to try this, but I'm too lazy to open this on my phone * yawns *. Guess I'll stick to some calm music and try this another time * note to myself *