Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death Note
I you feel like being really misanthropic and hateful (or simly like a good thriller / mind game series), Death Note might be for you. It happens to be pretty much the only anime I've liked (out of the tens I've seen / seen some of), and, at the same time, one of my favorite series to date. Simple premise: A bored student, Light Yagami, happens upon a supernatural book which has the persons whose names you write in it die. So our soon-to-be-anti-hero decides to rid the world of all criminals, and to become, well, god (in his mind, anyway). Naturally, he meets resistance by the typical do-gooders, and a nicely written and somewhat intricate mind-game (with a few plot contrivances near the end) unfolds. 37 twenty-minute episodes.

There's no real trailer for the series, so you'll just have to give it a try, if you like. I recommend the Japanese-language version. [There are a couple of live action films as well, but they look lame to me when compared to the anime - 'course, some of you might not be able to stand anime way, shape or form.]
and you'll be so kind as to provide us with a link - - - when???
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
(10-03-2009, 02:25 PM)Dragon link Wrote: and you'll be so kind as to provide us with a link - - - when???

Here you go, an outlet for all episodes:

http://www.deathnote.tv/death-note-japanese.php

Torrent for higher quality: http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3736478/..._subbed%5D

And if you were thinking of a trailer or some other good promotional material, there just isn't any - at least not the last several times I tried to find something to introduce the show with to people.

IMO, it got really good by the end of episode 7, but if you're not into it by the third episode, then it's probably not for you. I was hooked by the first one, but that's probably mostly because of my love for vigilante type stories.
I didn't find the premise of the show to be dangerous - though other mods may - personally, it sounds kind of interesting.
I did find that 287MB for the first episode to be a little more than I was willing to download ...

//al
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
(10-03-2009, 04:24 PM)Dragon link Wrote: I didn't find the premise of the show to be dangerous - though other mods may - personally, it sounds kind of interesting.
I did find that 287MB for the first episode to be a little more than I was willing to download ...

//al
Yeah, it's a rather dark series. I guess I should warn that there are suicides in the series (they're not suicides carried out because of depression though, but rather the main character can specify how people are to die, and finds it convenient, in a few cases, to have people kill themselves. If he doesn't specify anything, people die because of heart attacks by default.) Actually, there's only one prominent suicide, and it's rather implicit, just being poetically hinted at for a moment. I guess it could be too much for some people here... or maybe, overall, they'll still get something out of watching someone try to carry out some form of justice and establish a more peaceful world - even if it's a pretty backwards solution...

Well, if you deem it to be too dangerous, then I won't have anything against you removing the thread.
<3 death note
if you like print versions of stuff instead of TV series you might try the manga
http://www.onemanga.com/Death_Note/