Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my final ditty
For ******, wherever you are

One of my big regrets in life is the failure to realize my teenager dream of becoming a musician. Even so, I've kept dabbling in music related stuff off and on, with no real skill or talents, but occasionally producing these amateurish little ditties, in particular during my depressive episodes.

This one from a couple of months ago, was probably the last thing I ever composed. It's suitably maudlin, rest assured Wink
i'd love to hear your song but i can't connect to it. the link does'nt seem to work.
Hum, the link seems to be correct, but maybe it's the format - perhaps your browser doesn't like the AAC audio format?

Here is an MP3 version of the same, I hope this will work better (let me know if it doesn't!).
THANKS FOR SHARING!

sad and queitely moving.
sounds like it could be part of a movie score.

i write music as well. for piano and violin.

what music prog did you use?

thanks again!

C
Thanks for your warm praise, I'm glad you liked it.

I use Logic, and the piano was the "Akoustik Piano" plugin from Native Instruments.

I would very much like to hear some of your compositions, if you don't mind sharing Smile  (you can email me if you don't want to share publicly) I think piano with any bowed string instrument is the most beautiful sonata form ever...some of my absolute favorite classical pieces are the sonatas of this kind by Franck, Elgar, Chopin, Saint-Saens, Rachmaninoff and Clarke. (esp. Clarke, omg..)

you are very welcome. it was interesting to listen to!

I'd be happy to post some of my  my music but i don't know how to.
how did you do it?

Best wishes,
Cordelia
Well I put my stuff on my mac homepage, but there are lots of venues for free file hosting. For any kind of files, megaupload might be one option, but for music files you might want to sign up (for a free account) as a band on a music-oriented site, like for instance soundclick. I'm sure there are lots of other alternatives, if you google around a bit  Smile
It's very pretty, and I can see this being the soundtrack to some life of the depression era variety.
(04-14-2009, 02:36 AM)adonais link Wrote: For ******, wherever you are

One of my big regrets in life is the failure to realize my teenager dream of becoming a musician. Even so, I've kept dabbling in music related stuff off and on, with no real skill or talents, but occasionally producing these amateurish little ditties, in particular during my depressive episodes.

This one from a couple of months ago, was probably the last thing I ever composed. It's suitably maudlin, rest assured Wink

I like this piece.  Is there any chance we could hear some more of your work?
Err.....well there are a handful of snippets on my studio page, but it's really very amateurish stuff.

If you liked the one above, you might try the one called "Yin" which is somewhat similar. Or if you don't mind some more electronic sounding stuff, the one called "Pianord." I guess these three are my best works, it's downhill from there.

(beware that some are in AAC format, which some browsers might have trouble with)

EDIT: Oh and, Anthem for a Relapse might be right up your alley  Wink