Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what's the last movie that made you cry?
it doesn't take much for me to cry, it's a family thing on my mom's side, but this was a good movie.
One Week
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RstmPmzgLEo
Joshua Jackson on The Hour with George Stroumboulopoulos about it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUh3NwPo56s

it's been said "it's like a love letter to Canada, from a dieing man"
-makes me want to drop off the grid and just drive for a while...
JMAC
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson
for the worth of all people
p.s. i love you
Up

"I was hiding under your porch because I love youWub Wub Wub
Any comedy.

No, really...
The only movie that has made me come at all close to crying is Stand by Me .
Cruel Intentions.
The Universe is expanding<br />But I don't feel a damn thing<br />There's nothing you can do about it <br />Keep on dancing<br /><br />- That Handsome Devil, &quot;Loving Parasite&quot;
(09-27-2009, 11:57 AM)Boolse link Wrote: Any comedy.

No, really...

Oddly, I relate to this;  I think it's that we find so little joy in life that when we do it's tears of joy that well up.

I know that most musicals also cause me to tear up - mostly I think because they're invariably boy-meets-girl love stories.  ( South Pacific and Sound of Music come to mind. )
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
(09-27-2009, 11:57 AM)Boolse link Wrote: Any comedy.

No, really...

Well, I do have a habit of laughing so hard I cry, if that counts for something.
I can't watch comedies because they're founded so much on the audience laughing at the expense of the characters, who are often screw-ups. Before I got depressed I very easily empathized with fictional characters. Now, that combined with me being depressed, I see myself too much in these "loser" characters and it just gets to be too much for me - even if the characters are absurd. And then when the film still ends with some kind of victory for the main character, and the audience is given a false sense of "happily ever after" I get angrily sad because of its false depiction of reality.

I can sometimes watch MST3K'd or Rifftrax'd films, though (www.rifftrax.com) ... The last actual comedy film I managed to see and kind of enjoy was 'Hot Fuzz', but even in that film, which was fairly far removed from reality, to make an understatement, there were the personal problems of the main characters, which made for some downer moments.

But as for films that actually went for being melancholic, the last to that got to me were 'The Hours' (I love Philip Glass music, too) and 'Stranger than Fiction' (well, it was part comedy, but it was pretty sad as well)... the latter made me want to have a poetic death...
Hot Fuzz was great

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Movie: Dead in a Week, or Your Money Back Keralin 1 1,656 04-24-2019, 07:21 AM
Last Post: jameswilliam
  Lego, the movie Dragon 5 2,962 03-05-2014, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Dragon
  Drag me to hell movie review abrokenangel 4 3,428 11-10-2011, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Lurker.In.The.Night
  I'm working on a new movie site unlegendary 6 4,347 08-07-2011, 01:48 AM
Last Post: unlegendary
  Great movie sites unlegendary 0 1,825 10-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Last Post: unlegendary
  Movie Poster I Made In Class Light 3 2,397 09-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Thistle