Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Anyone Here Non Christian?
faith has played an off and on role in life for me... sometimes strong, sometimes weak...
I do still consider myself Christian through it all, and i really do believe in the values my church I attend when I feel like going (which hasn't been much lately) has, just things get lost in the implication of those values. Both my sister and mom are ordained ministers, sister has a masters in divinity, me and religion have a strange relationship at times
JMAC
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson
for the worth of all people
I like buddhism bar the karma as i believe it to be without foundation.
i think there is nearly always a higher state of consciousness than where I'm at.
even in enlightenment, there are complimentary states of consciousness.

i am interested in the idea of 'lila' and this life being a cosmic game or a dream but when i'm in pain- which is most of the time, i hate that idea.

i don't like doctrines as i was indoctrinated at a young age, first to catholicism and later to born-again christian. very rigid.

I know that i can think and feel and that i am a human being and the control i have over my thinking -about 5%- impacts how i feel -sounds obvious- but i find that we forget these things, i know i do.

any ideas i have or take in after that are creations, either of others or of others and I.

...back to the question. No, I am not non-christian, there is something to be found in all religions for me.

best wishes,
Cordelia
hmm...im Hindu but i dont believe in karma or anything anymore. God has betrayed me.
I love to walk in the rain so that no one can see me crying.
100% atheist.
I grew up Catholic, but I follow my own thing: not quite Christian, not quite Buddhist, not quite Hindu.  I laugh and jokingly call it it Elle-ism, but I encompass a lot of beliefs into one for me.
i have a weird thing with god,
i only believe in him when i'm thanking him for something
(04-16-2009, 11:25 PM)rory link Wrote: i have a weird thing with god,
i only believe in him when i'm thanking him for something

i know a lot of people who only believe in him when they are ASKING him for something!  Big Grin

i try not to be one of those people....as with anything, some days are better than others

(04-15-2009, 12:20 PM)Elle link Wrote: I grew up Catholic, but I follow my own thing: not quite Christian, not quite Buddhist, not quite Hindu.  I laugh and jokingly call it it Elle-ism, but I encompass a lot of beliefs into one for me.

I bet you have many worshipers!  ;D
Nice to see so much diversity in this group! Lol, seems like I'm I'm the only resident wiccan though. I guess I gotta be me.
Ish, there is one other wiccan on the forum that I know of, but he doesn't post very much.

Woody