Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Anyone Here Non Christian?
I was raised Catholic, got re-baptized as a Baptist  at 20 years old to totally divest myself of Catholicism, then dumped Christianity altogether and became a deist lol. I now consider myself agnostic, though I'm slowly inching into atheist territory. I'm pretty apathetic about having religion myself, but I do find religions and the study of them highly interesting  Smile
Who will know us when we breathe through the grass? -Gary Soto
Christian I suppose, though it seems to change based on the stress I'm under....  :-\
"I want to thrive, not just survive." - Thrive, Switchfoot
Hmmm... I was raised as an atheist (though my mother often showed an attitude and "moral" which suits better to Christian fundamentalist parents, she claimed to be an atheist), searched a long way - mostly Wicca and other neopagan movements.
Now I see myself as a very spiritual person, without belonging to any organized religion. I respect real spirituality (no matter which religion it is), I try to respect and not hurt others' beliefs.

Though organized religion is really not for me, there is one thing I am really interested in. Zen/Chan buddhism! It is so... both rational and spiritual (but without this mystical type of brainwashing. Quite normal and down-to-earth.) And nonviolent. And it does teach tolerance and patience, which I really need to learn.
At least, for me, it gives great help against my aggression problems (which used to take the form of self-injury or alcohol abuse.) I would not say that I am PERFECTLY free from this "introverted aggression", but since I begun practising Chan, I am not SO self-dangerous as I used to be, and I can stop drinking before I would end up acting stupidly or saying crazy things. I wonder if I am the only one here, but I experience Chan as "better than psychotherapy". Anyone else here? :}
My comment was waaaayyyy back there and I'm not going to reiterate it .. but this is always one of those interesting aspects of life in the suicidal crowd.
Thanks to everyone who has put their two cents worth in ...
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
lol. I'm an atheist now.

Christian. Wow.
"I want to thrive, not just survive." - Thrive, Switchfoot