Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Anyone Here Non Christian?
(05-11-2009, 02:47 PM)murmur link Wrote: Anyone who thinks they are completely deprogrammed after dropping christianity as their religion is a liar. I would like to think its that simple.
Hmmm, calling someone a liar without knowing the individual or the circumstances is far from constructive, I'd think. For the record, I wasn't raised in a christian household. My mother was atheist, so your theory in my case doesn't hold, now does it?
Sunni Muslim
1751: Julien Offray de La Mettrie, the author of L'Homme machine, a major materialist and sensualist philosopher died of overeating at a feast given in his honor. His philosophical adversaries suggested that by doing so, he had contradicted his theoretical doctrine with the effect of his practical actions<br /><br />http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=532#comic

Certified nihilist (yeah, that's technically a philosophy, but I've all but turned it into a religion)

I was a Wiccan for two years when I was younger, in part because I was dating one at the time. But, back then, their aesthetic appealed to me. "An it harm none, do what ye will" and all that.

Now I just want to nuke everything.
The Universe is expanding<br />But I don't feel a damn thing<br />There's nothing you can do about it <br />Keep on dancing<br /><br />- That Handsome Devil, &quot;Loving Parasite&quot;
I have never been religious, but believed in a personal god until i was around 12 or 13, then flirted with deism for a few months. Have been an atheist ever since.
Jewish
I have some weird amalgamation of an Agnostic, Nihilistic, HP Lovecraft-influenced belief system.  My dream job is to become a cult leader some day  Wink
&quot;Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.&quot;- C.S. Lewis
(07-02-2009, 01:13 AM)EyeScream link Wrote: Now I just want to nuke everything.

lol
Call me old-fashioned, but I still believe in the one true god.  His name is Zorgon the Terrible, and he lives in my back yard.
That is not dead which can eternal lie,<br />And with strange aeons even death may die.
(07-09-2009, 01:35 AM)iocaine0351 link Wrote: Call me old-fashioned, but I still believe in the one true god.  His name is Zorgon the Terrible, and he lives in my back yard.

blasphemer.

cthulhu will eat your liver

he...er...she...er...it is the one true god!  the interwebz told me so!

http://www.hello-cthulhu.com/?date=2006-12-24
I'm atheist, but I have been going to a church for a few weeks. The environment there seems to have a calming effect on me. I'm trying to work up the courage to talk to someone there (I won't say everything of course). I would like to believe, because I think that would make life more bearable, but I don't think that will ever happen.