Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shakespearean insults!
I shall live to knock thy brains out.

Taken from: The Two Noble Kinsmen

[Thou hath] not so much brain as ear wax.

Taken from: Troilus and Cressida

I couldn't decide between them... and I didn't want to lose either...
sometimes, having too much control of your mind leads to a loss of control
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to nikoo_o for this post:
  • Dragon, UnicornSmudge
...not so much brain as earwax
doglaugh doglaugh doglaugh

--------------------

I would not have such a heart in my bosom, for the dignity of the whole body.

Taken from: Macbeth

Even though I studied this play long time ago, can't quite remember the context. Wonder if it's Macbeth talking to his Lady after she murdured the king, or she talking to him wheh he refused to do so himself, or unrelated entirely to that exchange.
A bucket full of wishes... is sometimes too heavy

Loved  Gloomy
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to UnicornSmudge for this post:
  • Dragon, nikoo_o
nikoo_o Wrote:I shall live to knock thy brains out.

I seriously doubt that ... and you can well decide which half of the quote that applies to!!

Hast thou or word, or wit, or impudence, that can yet do thee office?
Taken from: Measure for Measure
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Dragon for this post:
  • nikoo_o, UnicornSmudge
(01-26-2022, 01:27 PM)Dragon Wrote:
nikoo_o Wrote:I shall live to knock thy brains out.

I seriously doubt that ... and you can well decide which half of the quote that applies to!!

LMAOOOOOOOOO! I didn't even think about the first part until you mentioned it! doglaugh

Also, two again today, because why not? doglaugh

You speak unskilfully: or, if your knowledge be more, it is much darkened in your malice.

[Thou art] a most notable coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Taken from: All's Well That Ends Well

P.S. I also spent an embarrassing amount of time looking at all the BBCode Documentations...Blush Blush

And then I realized that the animation stuff only worked on Internet Explorer (which btw is retiring permenantely this on June 15, 2022). Also, @Dragon this site doesn't support CSS or HTML does it?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to nikoo_o for this post:
  • Dragon
Nikoo_o Wrote:P.S. I also spent an embarrassing amount of time looking at all the BBCode Documentations...Blush Blush

And then I realized that the animation stuff only worked on Internet Explorer (which btw is retiring permenantely this on June 15, 2022). Also, @Dragon this site doesn't support CSS or HTML does it?

Well, let's see where to start on that ... I don't know of any web site that doesn't start with "<HTML ..." so yes, the site is rendered by MyBB in HTML (though it's an older "interim" version)
I had to go look, but in part you're right regarding .css - MyBB itself doesn't use any css files, I'm guessing because there is so much that's overridable.  Various of the plugins do use css though.  (( Now, that's odd ))

I'm going to have to ask what "animation stuff" you're referring to.  If it's the animated icons, they work well on Edge, Chrome, Opera and Firefox (which is all the browsers I have loaded at the moment.)

You should be women, and yet your beards forbid me to interpret that you are so.
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Dragon for this post:
  • nikoo_o
I am soooo lost
Quote:"You'd be a lot safer & a lot happier if you were dumber."- My Therapist
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to nightsong for this post:
  • nikoo_o, UnicornSmudge
(01-26-2022, 07:02 PM)Dragon Wrote: Well, let's see where to start on that ... I don't know of any web site that doesn't start with "<HTML ..." so yes, the site is rendered by MyBB in HTML (though it's an older "interim" version)
I had to go look, but in part you're right regarding .css - MyBB itself doesn't use any css files, I'm guessing because there is so much that's overridable.  Various of the plugins do use css though.  (( Now, that's odd ))

I'm going to have to ask what "animation stuff" you're referring to.  If it's the animated icons, they work well on Edge, Chrome, Opera and Firefox (which is all the browsers I have loaded at the moment.)

I think you might've meant "https://" not html lol (?). I meant HTML and CSS in the coding language/web design sense.

I'm almost 100% certain you've somewhat seen HTML (stands for HyperText Markup Language - don't worry I had to google that haha, I only know the abbreviation) code before.

Their (HTML's) syntax (coding format) is the whole <p> text </p> for paragraphs thing. And <b> text </b> for bold (if I'm not mistaken - it's been a while). And other stuff similar to here, except on here the syntax is the square bracket thing [].

CSS (stands for Cascading Styles Sheets) is another coding language that's mainly used in web or graphic designing. It's all the colours and stuff to make things look pretty. Usually it's used in complimentary (together) with HTML.

Not saying that you didn't know those definitions ^^ @Dragon lol, mostly for the other ppl reading this thread Tongue.

I meant animation stuff like the ones where you can make the text move/spin/change colours. I tried [move][/move] and [scroll][/scroll], but apparently on myBB it only works on Internet Explorer, otherwise for everyone else it'd just show that code. It's fine that it doesn't do that - most sites don't actually support it (only developer sites - sites that encourage active coding - do, haha). I just thought that it'd be amusing (for me lmao) to make the text do interesting stuff (also because I'm definitely procrastinating here, lol!).

Hmm... it is interesting that this site does not support CSS (LOL! I just realized this is actually the same abbr of the name of this forum, ha! doglaugh). I'd assume that plugins support it because CSS - and other [coding] languages - are special in the sense that if you'd like to use a particular language, you need to "import" it into the module/application (aka thing you want to use it in). And especially since these sites need a host server to run it, the more languages you import, the slower the sever is. Unless you upgrade - which is expensive for the company btw - because it's still using the exact same other internal stuff like CPU and RAM (computer components) only this time with more stuff inside of it - therefore slowing it down.

(To other "techy" people here, sorry if I was wrong, please correct me, this was research/info learned from all the times I've procrastinated culminatively, LOL!).

Also, wow, that was a longer than intended explanation/response.

(01-26-2022, 07:35 PM)NightSong Wrote: I am soooo lost

doglaugh Don't worry, you aren't missing much/anything. Smile Although... to be honest (random fact here, because my brain is a bit funny lol!) I only thought about the animation stuff after I read somewhere here about a post between the two of you... doglaugh something along the lines of "Where did I put my Code cheat sheet?" To which @Dragon replied with, "I don't know, why don't you ask [name I forgot, sorry!]."

As well as @UnicornSmudge's animation thingy.

[Thou art] a very superficial, ignorant, unweighing fellow.

Oh, edit, the thread can be found here. I'm also assuming that your first post in the thread is something that only mods/admin can see, given the responses in the rest of the thread. And the sliding text thing can be found in the second post. (Tbh I'm not particularly pressed to make those text animations, but definitely procrastinating lmao Tongue).

Nevermind, I did a bit more configuration, and it worked.

Nevermind, I did a bit more configuration, and it worked (if you don't feel like reading that scroll).

So.... turns out you have to include the colour of the "scroll" for both the text and background. Slightly weird syntax but not uncommon tbh. Thanks though! Smile

If anyone wanted to know, the code for the scrolling thing is the following:

Code:
[scroll=BackgroundColorHere][color=TextColorHere]Your text here[/color][/scroll].

so... for example:

[scroll=purple][color=white]Your text here.[/color][/scroll]

Hmm... it would be interesting to see if I could make that text go slower so it's easier to read. Or fade in/out... Hmmm, I don't know if BB Code actually supports it though (since you can't import other language files)... We'll see I guess... (Yes, still procrastinating here Tongue)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to nikoo_o for this post:
  • UnicornSmudge
@nikoo_o  that thread that you're referring to used to have a code cheat sheet for all of us, including a code that would make you "slap" a given member "with a trout" LMAO that was my favorite.

It wasn't a post that's limited to mods, I think now you probably see that? It just somehow disappeared from that first post.

@nightsong if you want to play the Shakespearean insult banter game with us, you can find your very own
Shakespearean insults here

(01-26-2022, 07:02 PM)Dragon Wrote:
You should be women, and yet your beards forbid me to interpret that you are so.

Lmao!!! Ever with the bearded lady jokes

Ok my go

"Would the fountain of your mind were clear again, that I might water an ass at it."

Taken from: Troilus and Cressida

Lol I sort of think I understand the meaning but I want to know what y'all think first lol!!! 

doglaugh
 Also the comedy of "ass" instead of donkey or a horse even lol but no, we must needs water our ass at the fountain of thine mind
doglaugh

Loved  Gloomy
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to UnicornSmudge for this post:
  • Dragon, nikoo_o
Something tells me that the bard was a dirty old man!  If it's not outright it seems as if some of his more innocent passages have some double entendre.

Let me go back to that cheat sheet.  Some one of the BBC codes is disrupting everything so that any message in which appears just comes up blank!

You starvelling, you eel-skin, you dried neat's-tongue, you bull's-pizzle, you stock-fish--O for breath to utter what is like thee!-you tailor's-yard, you sheath, you bow-case, you vile standing tuck!

Taken from: Henry IV, part I

"What is like thee!" well, I don't know Willy, I think you've pretty well got it all covered.
-- Helen Keller
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Dragon for this post:
  • nikoo_o, UnicornSmudge
..."think you've got it pretty well covered"
doglaugh

Loved  Gloomy
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to UnicornSmudge for this post:
  • nikoo_o

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When Insults Had Class Dragon 2 1,745 01-22-2022, 11:00 PM