Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking for a friend, especially in New York
(09-05-2018, 09:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: @haywud I like the way that you suggest that you'd like to "meet" someone in New York (he's not in the city, BTW) but then leave yourself open to texting / chatting with people who aren't.

I'd have to colour myself out of any type of chatting relationship since I'm not one to "just chat" (ask anyone who's talked to me on the phone, I take care of business and the call is done)  If I'm on the phone for 30 minutes, you're working on a record!

I live in a tourist area and while I really enjoy talking with people for a few minutes about where they're from and what they plan to do here - the idea of exchanging phone numbers for later chatter just doesn't even come into play.  

I wish you a lot of luck finding someone with whom you can chatter ... it must be nice to be able to "just chat"

I'm usually not too good with just chatting either, which is probably a reason why I have so much trouble trying to make friends. I usually never know what to say unless the other person can help push along the conversation. If I have something to say then it's not much of a problem, otherwise I usually sit in silence which I'm sure most people don't want to deal with.

Messages In This Thread
RE: looking for a friend, especially in New York - by haywud - 09-05-2018, 11:30 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad In DESPERATE need of a friend please 11dimension 8 9,838 02-14-2018, 02:55 AM
Last Post: bloom4