Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to chat?
@moose sorry you missed us, I hope work went well!

@Satiny I added Berlin's local time to my phone, so that I can reference it if I do one of these sorts of posts again. I'm assuming that if you're not in the same time zone, you're within an hour, which is still a pretty good reference for me, I think.
A bucket full of wishes... is sometimes too heavy

Loved  Gloomy
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to UnicornSmudge for this post:
  • Dragon, Satiny
(04-26-2019, 12:19 PM)Dragon Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 12:14 PM)moose Wrote: I had a busy night at work and didn't get a chance to check the chat

<< teasing >> That's not an excuse, I was falling asleep at my keyboard and think I typed two or three lines.  Hope it was a good night at work!

It'll happen Smile
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to moose for this post:
  • Dragon
I know chat is a by chance thing but maybe a weekly open group time like a meeting kinda we could chat with a group. I don’t know like every week on Wed. From (blank) to (blank) let’s meet if you can to chat. I have only chatted once in my life so this may be totally stupid.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Alone for this post:
  • Dragon, UnicornSmudge
(05-08-2019, 10:52 PM)Alone Wrote: I know chat is a by chance thing but maybe a weekly open group time like a meeting kinda we could chat with a group. I don’t know like every week on Wed. From (blank) to (blank) let’s meet if you can to chat.
I like this idea. I've only had success in the chat by posting a thread like this one, along the lines of, "I will be / I am here at this time, and will be here until this other time, please be here too". One time, before you came here, I planned a chat session ahead of time, and a few people came.

So, this might work well. I think you should give it a try.
Maybe you can select a Time and date that works for you, and announce it in a thread, or maybe even you can host, as in, plan to be there for a specific time period.

(05-08-2019, 10:52 PM)Alone Wrote: I have only chatted once in my life so this may be totally stupid.
LOL this really made me laugh so hard! It's not stupid at all, but the way that you phrased it just had me rolling.

Loved  Gloomy
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to UnicornSmudge for this post:
  • Dragon
Calling on someone who is computer savoy and has the skills to pull this off if it is a idea the group would like to try. I will try to participate but my response time is two chats back. I also do not know the short cut words, only LOL and WTF. I think you do not use punctuation or caps.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Alone for this post:
  • Dragon
Nope, @Alone you type there just as you would normally - if that includes LOL then that fine or if it includes my << teasing >> well, that's fine too.

At one time chat really had sounds but for most (all?) of us the sounds have gone away with an upgrade to the MyBB system.  It's been on the "desired" list for quite a while but so far the only way I can get sound back is to make several changes to the code - and then I'd have to make those changes every time MyBB issues an upgrade - which is all too often!

I keep looking for an alternative but can find one.  Chatwee looks good but it disables a lot of the forum - not good.  CometChat looks great - but I can't afford $49 a month for a limited (not even premium!) version.
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
Dragon no no I just want to have some one run a time thing so people can join our chat like I did a few weeks bake with @UnicornSmudge and@Keralin and I missed you by 30 sec. It could be a every week at this time type of deal and the time could change if people were more available at a better time. I think I am messing with something that does not need my trying to fix it SORRY.
no, you're messing with something that does need fixing and I appreciate that. I look for applications to fix things when a procedure might work as well or better.
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
Thanks Dragon for understanding
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Alone for this post:
  • Dragon
@Alone I agree with @Dragon , this is something that would be nice if it was somehow remedied, I think we've ALL, (I was going to say well maybe most, but honestly)--> I think that probably all of the members here have been in the chat room at least one time and it's been completely empty.

The problem is, all of us here are here for the same reason (find Community, validation, solidarity, support) and, life happens, Etc. So, I don't know if anybody is really available at a certain time each week. I know that for me personally, my energy levels and mood as well as my responsibilities fluctuate a lot, so I can't commit to anyting regular, at least not right now. Too stressful. Especially in the summer too, things just get busy.

I think though, maybe you could start a poll and see if anybody would want to host at a certain time, or, maybe we can just have another thread since this one's getting long, that's just for people to announce if and when they'll be in the chat, at a certain time, kind of like an open hosting sign up sheet

Loved  Gloomy
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to UnicornSmudge for this post:
  • Alone, Dragon