Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
telephones
"You're not good enough!" screamed Ashley's 85 year old mother, and she slammed down the telephone.

Ashley chuckled and shrugged. It was almost a relief to hear the truth finally spoken after over half a century of gaslighting. She unplugged the handset and threw away the bill because she didn't need those things any more.

Ashley always hated telephones. The only reason she ever bought them was because she wanted to be "good enough" and now that she knew she never would be, she didn't need them any more.

Ashley picked up a book by Neitzsche instead. Maybe she would like Neitzsche better than telephones. It's not like she ever even liked telephones in the first place.
The Dragons mother never told him he wasn't good enough, never told him that he was a mistake that an 18 year old girl made - but it was obvious to him that was the case. He has no idea how many times he was left with her friends because she had a date - that lasted for a week or so.

His mother dies a few years back when she was 86 years old and even though he had tried to make her last years better (and failed of course) he couldn't find it easy to grieve. If she'd been there when he needed her maybe things would have been different - she wasn't. He finally decided that putting everything out there to make things better wasn't going to work so now he does what he enjoys (and what he can do.)

Your serious reading is more than a bit heavy for me - Nietzsche!?!?! Most of my reading today is light, reading about the old west and the changes that happened and are happening out here. I still get my water from the sky, and my electricity from the sun (yes, I'm completely 'off grid') and don't owe a lot of people much of anything ...
(( and he's not going to change that last paragraph to third person - he's stodgy that way! ))
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
The SuperHeroAnimal's parents told them they were worthless little animals, not worth educating. The parental units not only refused to pay for SuperHero Flight School, they even refused to sign the FAFSA document that would allow the SHA to apply for need-based scholarships.

Those brave little animals flew off into the night and left the self-righteous parental bastards far behind.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to SuperHeroAnimals for this post:
  • Ashley