Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have I been pwned ... what??
Well, okay the Have I Been Pwned might sound a bit odd to some people - and I guess that some of you know about it already.  It's a site that checks a given email to see if it's been part of the several data breeches that have occurred.  Once on the web site, it asks for an email - enter it and it will tell you which, if any, data breeches that your email was found in.

I've just spent the past hour changing passwords on a couple of sites I use and finding out that the site in question has already dropped the account (which is fine in most cases).

In todays world, where security is not as good as we'd like to think it is, it pays to check once in a while.
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Dragon for this post:
  • Lurker.In.The.Night
I already knew this site and it's quite helpful! I haven't been pwned (yet), lucky me. Thanks for sharing! You left your email address in the link though. I don't know if you want to share this data, @Dragon
A first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die. ~ F. Kafka
Well, it's gone now, Thank you for noticing. It's probably the first email addy I ever had and one that I use quite a bit - for odd stuff. Since it's in a public part of the forum and I know that there are programs that do nothing but scan for emails like that - like I said, it's gone now.
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
Well I know I've been getting emails from myself about a great deal on walk-in bath tubs...  doglaugh  But I changed my password and still kept getting them, so I've just been ignoring it.  Hi Spam Folder...
Quote:"You'd be a lot safer & a lot happier if you were dumber."- My Therapist