Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone use a good app for mood/pain tracking?
Was checking out available apps for pain tracking, mood tracking, and suicide prevention/depression in general. Anyone out there find anything they really like? I am not so much interested in the community involvement as the actual tracking and logging so as to show a doctor or therapist when I eventually get insurance. I already have a couple meditation apps, but don’t want to clog up my phone too much and I am not a “shopper”. I hate trying out a billion things to find what I need. It is not fun to me - which has some folks convinced I am not really a woman. I just want to get it and go. I get too irritated and upset with too many choices... so if anyone has recommendations and review... perhaps I could work from a smaller pool of options.

Thanks in advance.
Encompass'd with a thousand dangers,
Weary, faint, trembling with a thousand terrors...
I...in a fleshly tomb, am
Buried above ground.
     - Willam Cowper
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Milestiba for this post:
  • Dragon
You prompted me to go looking and I'm not impressed. I have a Win 10 PC and Laptop as well as an Android Tablet and Cell - My biggest problem with them is that most of the ones I looked at were being 'marketed' by groups who have a patent interest in 'mental health'. Not that that's a bad thing all by it's lonesome - for the people who have, essentially, minor depression and can easily cope in the normal day to day world then these would probably work just fine. While I live in a depressed state - that I can admittedly ignore since there's little to trigger me - I wonder how well these would do for those of us who do live in states that border on a norm of minor depression to major depressive episodes.

I might want to track where I am on a day to day basis. But I'm not interested in having something tell me that if I do thus and so that I can bring myself out of my depression. That seems to be a lot to ask of an app ... "Oh, I'm sad because my boy friend left me!" (( watch that kind of stuff, Al!! )) and having the app suggest that I need to get out and socialize more - when I'm an anti-social person to begin with doesn't seem like a lot of help. (( BTW, I'm not gay, I just typed the first piece of non-sense that popped into my mind! ))
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
(12-09-2017, 06:46 PM)Dragon Wrote: You prompted me to go looking and I'm not impressed.  I have a Win 10 PC and Laptop as well as an Android Tablet and Cell - My biggest problem with them is that most of the ones I looked at were being 'marketed' by groups who have a patent interest in 'mental health'.  Not that that's a bad thing all by it's lonesome - for the people who have, essentially, minor depression and can easily cope in the normal day to day world then these would probably work just fine.  While I live in a depressed state - that I can admittedly ignore since there's little to trigger me - I wonder how well these would do for those of us who do live in states that border on a norm of minor depression to major depressive episodes.

I might want to track where I am on a day to day basis.  But I'm not interested in having something tell me that if I do thus and so that I can bring myself out of my depression.
Yes... I agree. I saw a couple that looked okay, but per reviews weeded them out. Not looking to have to shut my phone off and on because an app continually locks up or some such. Also, seems one has to pay to be able to track more than once a day. And when the mood quickly fluctuates, it is helpful to be able to keep track of how, why, and the severity. Then there are some that won’t allow you to keep your information private unless you do XYZ. 

Pad and paper journaling may have to continue to do, but the ease of a computer program allows for trends... graphs... and an easier format to present to an outside party.
Encompass'd with a thousand dangers,
Weary, faint, trembling with a thousand terrors...
I...in a fleshly tomb, am
Buried above ground.
     - Willam Cowper
I've used an app called ToadKing before to track mood / energy level / anxiety. It's a very basic app - but you can use it to send your information to others. However, you can only track once / day so as you say it doesn't help when your mood is fluctuating quickly.

I looked through a lot of apps when I started tracking mood and this was the one I settled on mostly because of its simplicity - and it's free.
When it seems all is forsaken
Listen to me now
You need never feel broken again
Sometimes darkness will show you the light.

~ The Light, Disturbed