Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lullaby
For my appointment with oblivion....to send me on my way.

Lullaby.mp3
...amazing that you put that together.
I loved the sounds and i felt a sadness in the piece?

thanks for sharing and i hope you keep on writing music.

best wishes,
Cordelia
Wow, that was great..... Thank you so much for sharing it........

Peace &  :ht:,
Jenni
The Eleventh Doctor: Nobody important? Blimey, that's amazing. You know that in nine hundred years of time and space and I've never met anybody who wasn't important before.
That was sooooooooooo chilled.Nice.Did you play that on keyboards?
Thank you for your kind words, all.

(05-18-2009, 11:03 AM)Cordelia link Wrote: ...amazing that you put that together.
I loved the sounds and i felt a sadness in the piece?

I wrote it as a lullaby for my own eternal sleep. For me, it is saying a sort of goodbye, with much sadness and many regrets.

@mr hide: it was played on the Andromeda. A wonderful instrument, much too good for someone like me. I heard your song in the other thread, it is good, you are very talented. I feel somewhat embarrassed to expose my amateurishness with musicians of such caliber around.
(05-18-2009, 04:07 AM)adonais link Wrote: For my appointment with oblivion....to send me on my way.

Lullaby.mp3
It's beautiful.
Perhaps lengthening it, or setting it up to loop without intro would give longer, so those who find you can hear it?
(05-18-2009, 07:59 PM)Sadstguy link Wrote: Perhaps lengthening it, or setting it up to loop without intro would give longer, so those who find you can hear it?

Thanks for the feedback, you're right of course, it's too short to be listened to as a real song. In an alternative version, instead of ending in minor, there was a transition and the melody repeated one octave higher, then ending in major instead. But that felt like too much of a happy ending...also I didn't want it to be repetitive....it felt ok to keep it short and bittersweet (like my life). So I left it like that. If I come up with a natural continuation, maybe I'll make a longer version, but at the moment I can't see it. Thanks though.