Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continue the story
I think there was one of these before, but I couldn't find it in my 10 second search, so here goes! Just continue the story! It can be as random as you want. It can be a short passage or a novel size passage. Let's see what we come up with!

______

There once was a dog named Splinky. Although his owners did not know it, Splinky could predict the future. One day, he was out on a walk with his owners when...
“The thought of suicide is a great consolation: by means of it one gets through many a dark night.” Friedrich Nietzsche

This, too, shall pass.

... this motorcycle came roaring down the road. Splinky started barking like mad ...
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
... So his owners stopped to see what was riling him up. Just seconds later the motorcycle veered straight into the mailbox a few feet in front of them! Luckily the motorcyclist was alright...
My thoughts are going to eat me alive 
One could still think that this was only a coincidence, but Splinky sensed things even some months before they happened… Every time he passed the lightning rod of his owner's old house, he sniffed at it and whimpered…
A first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die. ~ F. Kafka
then, out of the blue, a thunderstorm popped up. Lightening, thunder, hail and rain all made Splinky ...
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
...want to hide under the old wooden porch, much like any other dog.  Ol' Splinky got his name when...
Quote:"You'd be a lot safer & a lot happier if you were dumber."- My Therapist
pull at his chain. Splinky's distracted owners released him. Motorbikes, memories, visions and scent all led Splinky ...
To the home of his owners father. He was sick and having a heart attack.
There is darkness all around and darkness inside.
Luckily Splinky's guardian followed him there. A tragedy in action became tragedy averted as Mr. Owner called the EMT's and they were able to save Mr. Owner's father with all their fancy gadgets and serious training. After Grandpa made it to the hospital tk stabilize and rest, Splinky and Mr. Owner went out for steak dinner and gelato.... splinky of course already knew this would happen, which makes a subtle question on the creature' s motivation, but not enough to discredit the work he did and the life saved today.
A bucket full of wishes... is sometimes too heavy

Loved  Gloomy
As Splinky was slurping down his chocolate gelato, his old friend SuperPuppy raced into the room and ruffed himself an order of his favorite Sticky Chewy Chocolate gelato. Before long, the two pups had brown, sticky, furry little faces.