Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paypal Donations
As many of you know, I'm retired and living on SocSec.  There have been a few times in the past where paying the hosting fee has become anxious for me because ... well, sometimes money is just plain tight.

When I sent the email regarding the status of CSS and then posted it on the forum the response from several people was "Put a PayPal Donate button on the web site."  Now that's a good idea but easier said than done.  What I have done is to put a donate button on the CSS home page

If anyone is feeling particularly generous and can afford to send a few pfennigs / pennies / farthings / bitcoins my way, believe me I'd be eternally grateful.
//al
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
He's being kind.  Just so you know, the cost is $155/year.
Quote:"You'd be a lot safer & a lot happier if you were dumber."- My Therapist
My heartfelt appreciation to those who have donated. If you don't mind your name appearing, shoot me a note and I'll put an "appreciation list" up here.
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
Any chance we can get some sort of meter thing to show how far we've made it towards next year's hosting?
Quote:"You'd be a lot safer & a lot happier if you were dumber."- My Therapist
No and I've looked for something I can either fit into the forum or put on the landing page. One I found for the landing page looks good but it wants an IFrame and I can't put one where I want it.

To update this, I've received two donations totaling US$30.00 and i"m still trying to figure out who the user is that's not associated with the email of the donation.....
-- Helen Keller
Have you received any more donations?
"I want to thrive, not just survive." - Thrive, Switchfoot
Funny thing that - I just received another $20.00 donation in my PayPal today. Once again though, the email addy associated with them isn't the email they used to register with the forum - or at least I assume they're registered here since I have no idea who they are.
-- Helen Keller
(01-25-2017, 07:58 PM)Dragon Wrote: Funny thing that - I just received another $20.00 donation in my PayPal today.  Once again though, the email addy associated with them isn't the email they used to register with the forum - or at least I assume they're registered here since I have no idea who they are.

That's a neat surprise Smile 

So how much total have you gotten this year? Like, what's the difference that still has to be paid? Have you paid the bill for the forum yet?
"I want to thrive, not just survive." - Thrive, Switchfoot
A Recap ...
MRJ - $20.00 01/25/17
DL - $10.00 04/05/16
BB - $20.00 04/07/16
-------------------------
That takes us back to when NS paid the bill for last year. So, Lurker to answer your question, I've received about $50.00 (less PayPal's 4%) and that leaves about $100 to pay the bills in April for this year. I'll pay them, that's not a problem - really? - but it sure helps if someone else will stick a couple of dollars in the account.
Billing actually runs $9.98 a month + tax, with domain name registration running another $20 so NightSongs $155 is reasonably close.
-- Helen Keller
Out of the $50 I've received in donations, I just paid out $155.88 for another year of hosting for CSS ...
If you're so inclined, the paypal donation button is on the ChronicSuicideSupport.com home page.

Two month ago I had to pay out $800 for batteries for my solar system, hopefully that will be the last time I need to do that for 5+ years, but still ...; somewhere in the next month or so I have to shell out another $600 for tires for the Jeep - and I have to have transportation - it's 1/2 hour to the nearest "store". Regrettably I do live from check to check, if I'm lucky I can transfer a few dollars from checking to savings - but for the batteries, it went the other way so my "savings" is low again.

NUff said, it's bad enough, I don't need to make anyone else feel worse ....
-- Helen Keller

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Donations to run the forum Dragon 16 9,838 08-29-2022, 11:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornSmudge