Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mental Health Survey
This link came from NAMI, so I trust that this is a legitimate survey.  There is a lottery for random $50 gift cards to WalMart or Amazon if you choose to at the end.

Univ of Pennsylvania Research Study
Quote:"You'd be a lot safer & a lot happier if you were dumber."- My Therapist
I started through it. The first few questions were about mental state and history; the next few were about violence; the next were about violence with a significant other and I started to feel like they had an agenda.

While these weren't specifically asked they'll give my impression of the tone of the survey:
How many times a day do you beat your wife?
When did you stop beating your wife?

These are way too pointed - they strongly infer that you beat your wife and if given no other options, any response supports that inference. I stopped and didn't submit.
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
perhaps they did have an "agenda", but my guess is that it was to debunk the myth that the mentally ill are violent, and instead use the scientific method (repeat results) to confirm the statistic that the mentally ill after more likely to be victims rather than perpetrators of violence, especially in light of all the recent gun violence
Quote:"You'd be a lot safer & a lot happier if you were dumber."- My Therapist
That was an intense and way too personal survey. What the hell.

Ain't nobody gonna answer honestly those types of questions.
"I want to thrive, not just survive." - Thrive, Switchfoot
NightSong Wrote:This link came from NAMI, so I trust that this is a legitimate survey.  There is a lottery for random $50 gift cards to WalMart or Amazon if you choose to at the end.

Univ of Pennsylvania Research Study

I completed it, but it was more concerned about violence from me towards family members and vice versa...all of the violence I experience is self-inflicted.
GingerSnapped <gr, gotta shorten that to something> I think pretty much the same thing. I completed it shortly after NS posted the link and my thoughts were that "this is all the wrong way". I'm not particularly violent towards others, but I think that all of us who are suicidal have some form of self destructive tendencies (which should be obvious, no?)
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Journey Towards Health and Hope nightsong 0 2,030 11-05-2015, 02:32 PM
Last Post: nightsong