Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"God and nature do not work together in vain”
(05-16-2009, 01:40 AM)MindCubicle link Wrote: I love the theme, the thoughts behind it and the flow of the thoughts.  There feels like there is something off about the ... and here i don't know my terms... tempo... the flow of the words.  Unfortunately I am not a poet and I would probably make a mess of the piece if  tried to offer suggestions. 

However I will say that the piece reminds me of an episode of House (imagine that)...

House: \"... I choose to believe that the white light people sometimes see, visions, this patient saw: they're all just chemical reactions that take place when the brain shuts down.\"
     Foreman: \"You choose to believe that?\"
     House: \"There's no conclusive science. My choice has no practical relevance to my life, I choose the outcome I find more comforting.\"
     Cameron: \"You find it more comforting to believe that this is it?\"
     House: \"I find it more comforting to believe that this isn't simply a test.\"

Thanks!  I don't know what I was originally thinking when I jotted this down, as I can't imagine I would make such a mess of the meter and tempo, but it seems that I did.  In fact, I was so confused when I reposted this, that I thought, maybe it's just now that I'm not getting it.  Or heck, maybe I grabbed notes and posted them by mistake.

And that is why I ask for input.  I have absolutely no ability to self-critique my work.  I once discarded a poem that I pulled from the trash to share when nobody had anything and there was a lull.  It was a hit, it later won an award, and a critic told me it was his favorite he'd read in years.  >sigh<

I LOVE the House dialogue.  Absolutely wonderful.

Thanks again, Mind!

--S

Messages In This Thread
Re: "God and nature do not work together in vain” - by Sadstguy - 05-16-2009, 08:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Goodnight God goodcatholicboy 2 1,577 07-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Last Post: liz
  What God Wants To Become goodcatholicboy 2 2,115 07-20-2009, 08:44 AM
Last Post: JenniLynne