Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"God and nature do not work together in vain”
(05-16-2009, 07:22 PM)adonais link Wrote: Lo, we have sonneteer here!

Nay, I am but a man writing sonnets, not a sonneteer, similar to how I was reminded by the knight who trained me that at that time I was still but a man with a sword and not yet a swordsman.

(05-16-2009, 07:22 PM)adonais link Wrote: Would love to read your italian sonnets, I never managed to write one. I have written a couple of Shakespearean ones, but they are so bad I would be embarrassed to post them here. It's really hard to write on a definite form without ending up with something that reads like a cheesy limerick Big Grin

Especially with Italian sonnets requiring 4 rhymes for two cases...and if you really want to be appropriate, you have the problem set up and then resolution in the sestet.  It took forever to get the meter and everything right.  I am astonished at those who created these forms and then were able to follow them so beautifully.  And I fear that time has degenerated that part of my brain forevermore.

(05-16-2009, 07:22 PM)adonais link Wrote: That makes me curious...I wonder where you might have posted your poetry before..

I have created and run online communities before, which have included poetry classes and discussions with Pulitzer Prize winners.  I have also published in print form.  Although most was under pen-names, it would still be a recognizable link for those who might see things here.
(05-16-2009, 07:54 PM)adonais link Wrote: Oh dear, now you triggered me too, I started looking over my old poems... Just for your amusement, here's a verse that I attempted to write on the Keatsian ode form. It's trite and fake old-English, but what choice have we but to follow the whispers of our muse..

You know, I am looking forward to reading these so much, I am going to save them for a treat later, when I'm feeling down.  (I was the kid who always saved my favorite candy for last after Halloween.)  Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Goodnight God goodcatholicboy 2 1,546 07-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Last Post: liz
  What God Wants To Become goodcatholicboy 2 2,081 07-20-2009, 08:44 AM
Last Post: JenniLynne