Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSS Possible move
Well, it's more probable than possible.  I received my annual bill from BlueHost (the company where CSS has resided for years) and once again it's been stepped up - last year it was US$155, this year it's US$171.  My problem is that's continued to have a $10-$20 increase every year and that begins to ... well, as much as I'd love to have deep pockets, I don't.

InMotion Hosting - an entirely US held company - has quoted me US$194 for 3 years ( note: that's approximately US$65 a year -vs- the current US$171.)  At the moment I'm not sure what that will go up to at the end of the three years, I expect a price increase just not the $15+ that I've been paying BlueHost.

I'm open to any comments you might have.  If I move the forum to InMotion, we'll be down for a couple (???) of days and when we return everything will be the same - you shouldn't notice any difference (but we all well know how that works, right?)

NB:  for the truth in this, under this BlueHost account, I'm also hosting my own domain and one for a local volunteer organization both of which are included in the fee.
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Dragon for this post:
  • Alone, Keralin, UnicornSmudge
I support. Thanks for the continuous transparency.
A bucket full of wishes... is sometimes too heavy

Loved  Gloomy
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to UnicornSmudge for this post:
  • Dragon
I also support this.
Im incredibly grateful to this place, and I always will be.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MrsSpoon for this post:
  • Dragon
Sounds like a plan. A good one.
*And if I seem a little strange, well, that's because I am
*Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it.
*A tremendous feeling of peace came over him. He knew that at last, for once and for ever, it was now all, finally, over.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jameswilliam for this post:
  • Dragon
I also support. If it's cheaper for all of us then I don't mind a few days of down time.
There is darkness all around and darkness inside.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jman197 for this post:
  • Dragon
Wow that sounds like saving lots of money, thus moving seems to be quite a good idea? I'm very grateful for you hosting this forum!
A first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die. ~ F. Kafka
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Satiny for this post:
  • Dragon
There are days where stupidity seems to be the rule. I talked with BlueHost and they renewed our account for two years for $166 - yep, the renewal for two years was less that a renewal for a single year. We'll be here for two more years at the very least.

So that said, everything will continue on as we have - at least till it's time to renew again which will be in April of 2021. In part it's a case of "the devil I know" as well as the desire of every depressed person I know to not have things change! ('Cause every time the did change they got worse!, right?)

Thank you for your comments and your continued support.
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Dragon for this post:
  • Keralin, nikoo_o, UnicornSmudge
Renewal time again and with a few other things I've got going on I'm not going to be concerned with moving it to another host. I will note that I probably will not renew it in two years if activity remains as low as it has been.

Two years = $350.
-- Helen Keller
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Dragon for this post:
  • nikoo_o
(03-23-2021, 12:49 PM)Dragon Wrote: Renewal time again and with a few other things I've got going on I'm not going to be concerned with moving it to another host.  I will note that I probably will not renew it in two years if activity remains as low as it has been.

Two years = $350.

I can't pretend to be part of the solution, either financially or in terms of participation, but it always makes me feel a little better when I'm in the (bad) mood to login. Recently let my own blog die a natural death due to lack of activity on both my part and both my subscribers failure to comment regularly Smile
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to GlicoMan69 for this post:
  • Dragon, nikoo_o
I find it sad if this place vanishes, but at the same time I do understand because it is bit quiet around here. How big is the database and everything this forum holds?
*And if I seem a little strange, well, that's because I am
*Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it.
*A tremendous feeling of peace came over him. He knew that at last, for once and for ever, it was now all, finally, over.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to jameswilliam for this post:
  • Dragon, nikoo_o

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Status of CSS Dragon 11 8,163 03-30-2016, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Abzilla