Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And then...
Big Grin 
So Nightsong has had an earache the past few days. She mostly tried to ignore it, since it wasn't unbearable and she knows that most ear infections clear up on their own in a week or so anyway.

And there was that pesky problem with insurance...long story short, she knew she had inpatient & drug coverage, but wasn't sure about anything else. It was supposed to have changed recently, but she hasn't officially heard anything. It was on her To Do list to sit on the phone for an hour (or more) on Monday to clarify the issue. 

And then she was getting ready to go to a meeting, and fell as she got out of the shower. Her tail bone hurt of course, but she knew there was nothing to be done about that. Nightsong was more concerned about her wrist, which she heard pop when she fell and now was quite painful. She got up but had to go lie down because she was dizzy. Her DD kindly brought her some frozen veggies to put on her wrist.
She couldn't miss the meeting, so she put some ice on her wrist and went on. The people at the meeting were sympathetic and kind about putting the ice pack in the freezer for her. She also had an old Carpal Tunnel brace, so she used that when she wasn't using ice.

Nightsong finally decided she should probably go to Urgent Care to get checked out, although she doubts that it's any worse than a sprain, if even that.
After some online research that confirmed she has insurance, she ran to the Urgent Care 15 min. before they closed, greatly apologetic.

They took x-rays, but since they were closing no one was there to read them. The NP examined her wrist but said there was no way to tell if it was fractured without the x-rays. She told Nightsong they would call in the morning with results, and to continue using the ice & brace. 

Since she was there anyway, Nightsong asked the NP to look at her ear, for which she was then given antibiotics.

So we shall see how tomorrow morning unfolds...
Quote:"You'd be a lot safer & a lot happier if you were dumber."- My Therapist
Rough day! I am glad you were able to get your ear and wrist checked out. Fingers crossed that it's not fractured... take care and rest yourself!
A bucket full of wishes... is sometimes too heavy

Loved  Gloomy
Nightsong!!!

Sounds like quite a day. I hope your wrist isn't broken and that it is feeling somewhat better today. And that your ear clears up quickly!
Nightsong slept with a heating pad on her ear and started the antibiotics last night.  Not much of a difference so far, but it wasn't all that bad to begin with.

Urgent Care reported this morning that it was slightly sprained and to ice and wear the brace as needed. The wrist is very sore, but not so much that she has needed pain medicine. She took the excuse of her various ailments to avoid going to her SIL's birthday celebration.  After getting some client work finished to a good stopping point, her eyes are crossed and she's chilling out for the rest of the day.
Quote:"You'd be a lot safer & a lot happier if you were dumber."- My Therapist
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to nightsong for this post:
  • UnicornSmudge
@nightsong
Thank you for keeping us posted! Glad you are resting, and glad no bones were broken in order to avoid said family celebration Wink and I hope you had a nice restful day to yourself after such productivity!
A bucket full of wishes... is sometimes too heavy

Loved  Gloomy