Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lumosity
I'm going to expand this section to include "Games people play" ... no, no, no, not those games!  Those suck!! The games we play on the computer (or in real life) to distract us from that all pervasive "Get me the hell out of here!"

I started playing on Lumosity.com (they have a free section where you can play three games a day) and find it interesting.  'Course some of the results are disturbing ... I find myself in the 13th percentile for concentration - well, gee, fancy that!

Feel free, tell me what you do to occupy yourself ...
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
I've been playing at this for about two weeks now. I wonder about their claims but it is enjoyable to play at.
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
Since they've never asked (that I can remember) what I do/did for a living, I find it odd to see that my performance on their tests matches me most closely to others who have worked in computer science. Maybe there is some rationality to their tests after all.
-- Helen Keller
Do you have a link?  I looked it up but couldn't find a place for games.  I'm sure it's an I. D. ten T. user error.
Quote:"You'd be a lot safer & a lot happier if you were dumber."- My Therapist
No, it's not your error, you have to sign up for the free account before you can get to the game area.
-- Helen Keller
you still playing this?
Quote:"You'd be a lot safer & a lot happier if you were dumber."- My Therapist
I do puzzles on my tablet. I realized that I could learn quite a bit about color, composition, and tiny details of fine art this way. I haven't found the perfect app yet but I'll keep looking. In the meantime, I do enjoy what I can do.

The other games I play are point and click adventures, my favorites are sans hidden object games within them, but the combo is popular so it's difficult.

I used to play Covet which is a fashion game, but I'd take Ambien and spend outrageous amounts of money on it. Had to quit.
My name is Trouble
My first name's A Mess
No need to greet me
I'm here to confess

- Keren Ann
(01-08-2016, 11:26 AM)NightSong Wrote: you still playing this?
Occasionally but not with the regularity that I was ... at one point it just seemed ... irritating<?> ... I'm not sure if that's the reason or not but now I just go play it once in a while.

(01-09-2016, 06:35 AM)Shinyshiny Wrote: I do puzzles on my tablet. I realized that I could learn quite a bit about color, composition, and tiny details of fine art this way. I haven't found the perfect app yet but I'll keep looking. In the meantime, I do enjoy what I can do.

The other games I play are point and click adventures, my favorites are sans hidden object games within them, but the combo is popular so it's difficult.

I used to play Covet which is a fashion game, but I'd take Ambien and spend outrageous amounts of money on it. Had to quit.
I enjoy world builder type games - gee, wonder why, it couldn't be because *I'm* in control of everything now, would it?

The two I play at most are 0AD for it's war and control and Banished for the ultimate virtual hippie commune.
-- Helen Keller