Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy New Year 2015
Well, Christmas has come and gone - except for those who have kids who didn't get everything they wanted and we'll soon be welcoming 2015 ...

As I set here with the wind howling outside, clouds covering the mountain peaks in the distance and the temp setting below freezing still! I'm really seriously (not) thinking how much nicer it would be to be setting on the beach in southern Mexico!

2014 has been arguably a good year for me, no tragedies on the one hand (except my trip over to my brothers - that was bad) but also nothing to get overly excited about ...

May I take this opportunity to hope that all of you will be able to spend the evening among friends and safely and sanely enjoy the birth of 2015.  May this coming year bring each of you the peace - however you want to define that - that we desire. 

We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
Thanks Dragon!  And, most sincere wishes for a Happy New Year to you and all here on the forum!

The New Year has already come here in France, and it is now 4:30am on the first morning of 2015, and the owls, ducks, and night birds have been wonderfully talkative tonight, as if they were having their own little celebrations.  (I tried to do my best hoots but being an American, my accent is all wrong for French owls so I only received two curt responses for all my work. (And, gods know what they were saying to or about me! Ha! Tongue ) I love my insomnia on crisp, clear star filled night's like this (not forgetting the moon and Jupiter, too). It's so lovely, and the frost is glimmering everywhere like billions of tiny diamonds, and I love the crunch of the grasses and plants when I walk in the garden.  A very nice way to pass from one year to another (My poor Beloved fell asleep before midnight as he was out all day in a Paris hospital to stay beside the bed of his best friend who is now at the very brink of death after fighting for his life against cancer for three years.  I comforted him when he came home as lovingly as I could, and will continue. (I know all too well what it is to lose a Beloved Partner, a Beloved friend.)  How many times I've wished I could give him this life and how happily I would be to die in his place.  But, that's another story.... "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride: If turnips were watches, I'd wear one by my side,: If, If's and And's were pots and pans, there would be no need for tinkers.")

So to each and every one here - Happy New Year 2015.  But, remember there's more than just the new year of the Gregorian calendar! On February 19, 2015 it will be the new year of 4713 by the Chinese calendar (the year of the ram).  Then on sunset of Monday, September 14th, will come Rosh Hashanah, the new year of 5776 by the Jewish lunar calendar.  And, then, when the sun sets on the 13th of October there will be the new year of 1437 by the Islamic Hijri lunar calendar.   India's new years are so prolific and varied I'll just give you the wikipedia site: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_N...r%27s_days.  

So if you're not feeling particularly particularly celebratory at the moment, there are many more Happy New Years when you may just feel up to contemplating the future, and maybe even celebrating it, or having a party for yourself just for the fact that you've at least made it this far.  And, hell, you can just make up you're own New Years Day when you're feeling it! (I always hate the idea that we must be "happy" on random days of the calendar.  It's utterly absurd!)

The new year has always been a symbol of rebirth, like the snake shedding its skin, the phoenix rising again from the ashes.  A new beginning with a clean slate.

Did this year suck?  A great way to make a symbolic break with it is to write the year on a piece of paper, set it on fire and watch it burn, or if your a pyromaniac like me, you build a fire in a heavy clay pot outside, and make lists of things you want to symbolically cleans or rid yourself of, or burn photos of people who harmed you, or who you want out of your life, or it can also be a means of sending wishes, resolutions, or prayers skyward - whatever you want.  And, the fire is so beautiful, so mesmerizing, such a magical, wonderful creature - a veritable spirit made of flame you can call up like a genie from a bottle. (Yeah, I AM a serious pyromaniac!) Fire_Jump_Red

I hope the new year(s) bring better things to everyone here.  So I dedicate to all of you, for 2015 the wonderfully, gorgeous Kinks song, "Better Days": http://youtu.be/OdCVlmmnOzA
(The lead singer and writer of The Kinks, Ray Davies, suffers from unrelenting, chronic depression, so it's especially fitting the song comes from him.)

I wish you all Peace, Love, Beauty, Relief from Pain - however you can find it. 

Big Happy New Year Bear Hugs!!!!!
                            Smiley-hug008
 And, of course a champagne flavored kisses for when the clock stickes midnight!
                              Smiley-hug003
"You didn't save my life, you ruined my death!" - The Incredibles