Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Considerations ...
I was going to wait til the 24th or after to do this, but so few comments have been made, I figured I'd go ahead and do it.
I also have a few things that I need to be away from the system on and around the 24th so doing a conversion and running off would have left an awful mess in NightSong and Jenni's hands ...
I tried looking at the link that you provided and go this error message...
404 Error File Not Found
The page you are looking for might have been removed,
had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

EDITED: Nevermind...duh! I just figured out that this IS the new format... cool. I like it and chat is up and going too.
((((huggies))))
A wasted life! This sad refrain Comes surging through my ears again; ~Illawarra Mercury, April 8, 1884~
Smile 
(09-11-2014, 10:05 AM)Dragon Wrote:
(09-11-2014, 05:19 AM)Elspeth Wrote: New site looks fine to me, and if it enables better functionality, then the move is a good idea.  The only thing I don't like is the way the date displays on the new site - I'm not American and the way you guys write your dates is whacky lol  :o

Tell me!!  I have friends in the UK and I tend to flip dates around - even when I don't have to and that leaves me looking foolish!
However you can choose to use any of several different formats:

• At the top of the page you should see a link to "User CP" (that's the User Control Panel), click on that
  • On the menu, left hand side, drop down and you'll see "Edit Options", click on that
  • Bottom, left hand corner "Date and Time Options", use the drop down and select one of the 13 different options there.

Thanks Dragon!  Easy peasy
It's taking some getting used to, but MyBB is a lot easier to work with than SMF - at least from my viewpoint as admin. There are things that I have to look for because they're not in what i would consider 'the obvious place' but that's okay, I'll get used to it.

Glad it worked like you wanted. Er ... it did, didn't it???
MyBB is ironically the forum software I am most familiar with. Smile Good choice, Dragon.
"I want to thrive, not just survive." - Thrive, Switchfoot