Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Considerations ...
:NFB:

The new TEST version of the forum looks like it's coming along nicely.

Chat is on the menu and seems to work ... at least NS and I have spent some enjoyable time harassing each other!

I would still appreciate input from people about how it looks / feels to you.

BEAR IN MIND that anything you do there is going to be temporary until the conversion takes place ... if it does.

A few comments:
  • I've enable Positive reputations, I'll leave it as an excercise for you to figure how to use it.  That allows us to say "Thanks", with or without a comment and not have to post a message if we're just not in the mood.
  • You can also rate the content of a thread in general.  One to five stars at the top of the thread. Noto bene: you can't rate a thread that you stared.
  • At the top of the page:
    • [li]Chat opens the chat window, I suggest you right click and have it open in a new window/tab, otherwise it opens in the current window.
    • Search allows you to enter criteria by which you wish to search and how you want it sorted on the display.
    • Member list opens the member list (well, what'd you expect.)  You peruse it, send PM's the normal stuff.  It has two display options, one looks like a business card and the other is a standard list.  Click on the column heading (in list mode) to sort b that column.
    • The Calendar display the days events - as a number, click on the date and it will open up and show you who's having a birthday, etc on that particular date.
  • Assuming you're signed in (you wouldn't be able to see most of this if you weren't) under the heavy black "Welcome" bar are a few more things:
    • If you have any "Buddies" clicking on "Open Buddy List"does just that and shows you whether your buddies are on or off line.
    • View new posts gives a list of all new posts that you haven't read.
    • Show today's posts gives a list of everything that's been posted today whether you've read it or not.
    • Private Message allow you to read or send a PM to another member (of course)
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller

Messages In This Thread
Considerations ... - by Dragon - 09-07-2014, 12:47 PM
RE: Considerations ... - by admin - 09-17-2014, 05:37 PM
RE: Considerations ... - by MindCubicle - 09-19-2014, 12:45 AM
RE: Considerations ... - by admin - 09-20-2014, 02:46 PM
RE: Considerations ... - by Lurker.In.The.Night - 09-29-2014, 01:40 PM
Re: Considerations ... - by Dragon - 09-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Re: Considerations ... - by nightsong - 09-10-2014, 07:27 PM
Re: Considerations ... - by Elspeth - 09-11-2014, 05:19 AM
Re: Considerations ... - by feelingsicke - 09-11-2014, 07:31 AM
Re: Considerations ... - by Dragon - 09-11-2014, 09:57 AM