Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Refuge Broken
That was an excellent post, no_escape, thank you ...

You have the same "fear", I think that I do.  I don't like drugs that chemically alter my mind, whether it's alcohol, pot (or related) or "medicine".
While they seem to have the mindset that it's better to be alive and medicated, I have the mindset that I'd rather be dead than to spend my life as a zombie.  And you're right, there's little common ground there.
During my very infrequent hospitalizations I've seen too many people where "the lights were on but there was nobody home."  Not the life I choose for myself.
I wish that more (any?) of the medical folks would realize that they're trying to treat the symptoms of a very real dis-ease.  Without trying to resolve the underlying issues, some of which can go back years!, all the drugs in the world aren't going to help.  One also has to question whether those old issues have become such an ingrained part of us that we wouldn't feel as if we were ourselves without them.
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller

Messages In This Thread
A Refuge Broken - by no_escape - 05-10-2014, 02:26 AM
Re: A Refuge Broken - by Dragon - 05-10-2014, 09:40 AM
Re: A Refuge Broken - by no_escape - 05-12-2014, 11:55 AM