Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, I'm Liz.
I'm Liz, and I'm 17.

The reasons I'm here- I have major depressive disorder and GAD(generalized anxiety disorder). I also have frequent panic attacks, but not often enough to be diagnosed with a panic disorder. I've been suicidal most days(from just a fleeting thought to freaking out all day) for the past two years or so, the general depression started a bit before that. I also struggle with guilt and worthlessness. After being hospitalized for a suicide attempt, I got put on a bunch of meds. I'm on five drugs right now. Monday, my doctor started suggesting my suicidal ideation might be chronic, and after almost throwing myself in front of a car, I ended up here.
And I'm really sorry if I shouldn't be here... I don't work most places.

I'm new here and this is the first post I've done, so I thought I should start with that. But now onto the more fun stuff- I can be fun. I don't know if I'm really ready for a boyfriend, but I am looking for a friend. I can be hard to deal with, but here are a few things that sometimes make me happy.
-Doctor Who
-Sherlock
-music, both listening and playing(marimba, piano and most percussion)
-drawing, though I'm not very good
-dogs, and animals in general

I also like NCIS, Psych, Chuck and for some reason I love the new Disney movie Frozen. I'm considering getting a psychiatric  service dog to be my friend. I'm 17, but I have a high school diploma and this is my first semester in college. And that's pretty much it... Ever since leaving high school, my friends have forgotten about me. And I'm afraid of my family, even though they've never tried to hurt me. I'm just lonely.
~Liz.
Well, Liz, you don't have to worry about being in the wrong place ... from that self description you sound like you'll fit right in here.

Depression, guilt, worthlessness, chronic suicidal - yeh, you hit all the key words for an active membership here ... and that said, I'm really sorry to see you here - rephrase that, I'm really sorry that you find the need to be here!

Since I don't even have a TV here - and watch what little I do over the internet - I can't say much about your selection.  Dr Who, nope; Sherlock - Sherlock who??  Dogs!!  do you have dogs or just like dogs?? << she's in college, probably in a dorm, do you really think she has a dog?? >> Uh-oh, watch out, admin's talking to himself again!
I have two with me here, one's an Alaskan Husky (Avalanche) and the other is a Siberian Husky (Sasha) they keep me good company.

I suppose I should warn you that we already have a "Liz" (but she'll probably say that there's room for another one) but just so you know that we're not necessarily talking about you when we talk about Liz ...
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
I'm living with my mom, and we have a cocker spaniel/poodle mix named Sugar and a guinea pig named Peanut. And at the end of the month, we might get a second dog for me to train as my service dog. I love huskies! I wouldn't have the energy to handle one, but they're great dogs.
And as for another Liz, you don't have to call me Liz. I'm pretty flexible.
You'll probably end up with us calling you ML since we tend to take parts of people names for shorthand ... but Liz is pretty easy to get along with most of the time.
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
I'm the original Liz, and yes there its plenty of room here for you. I'm not all here anyway

:W:
"If I thought my answer were given to anyone who would ever return to the world, this flame would stand still without moving any further. But since never from this abyss has anyone ever returned alive, if what I hear is true, without fear of infamy I answer you.
- Dante "The Inferno"
Most of the time??
"If I thought my answer were given to anyone who would ever return to the world, this flame would stand still without moving any further. But since never from this abyss has anyone ever returned alive, if what I hear is true, without fear of infamy I answer you.
- Dante "The Inferno"
(04-03-2014, 09:25 PM)liz link Wrote: Most of the time??

??????????
-- Helen Keller
(04-03-2014, 08:24 PM)marimbalover link Wrote: I'm Liz, and I'm 17.

The reasons I'm here- I have major depressive disorder and GAD(generalized anxiety disorder). I also have frequent panic attacks, but not often enough to be diagnosed with a panic disorder. I've been suicidal most days(from just a fleeting thought to freaking out all day) for the past two years or so, the general depression started a bit before that. I also struggle with guilt and worthlessness. After being hospitalized for a suicide attempt, I got put on a bunch of meds. I'm on five drugs right now. Monday, my doctor started suggesting my suicidal ideation might be chronic, and after almost throwing myself in front of a car, I ended up here.
And I'm really sorry if I shouldn't be here... I don't work most places.

I'm new here and this is the first post I've done, so I thought I should start with that. But now onto the more fun stuff- I can be fun. I don't know if I'm really ready for a boyfriend, but I am looking for a friend. I can be hard to deal with, but here are a few things that sometimes make me happy.
-Doctor Who
-Sherlock
-music, both listening and playing(marimba, piano and most percussion)
-drawing, though I'm not very good
-dogs, and animals in general

I also like NCIS, Psych, Chuck and for some reason I love the new Disney movie Frozen. I'm considering getting a psychiatric  service dog to be my friend. I'm 17, but I have a high school diploma and this is my first semester in college. And that's pretty much it... Ever since leaving high school, my friends have forgotten about me. And I'm afraid of my family, even though they've never tried to hurt me. I'm just lonely.
~Liz.

I love Doctor Who, Sherlock and NCIS. I suck at drawing, but I like to take pictures and use a program on my phone to do stuff to them. I'm a dog lover myself even though I don't have one. Cats are alright, but I like dogs better. If you take a look at my blog on here, I've posted some Doctor Who clips on there as well as some music. I'm sorry that you are here, but WELCOME to the "party" Smile you're not alone.

Peace & :ht:,
Jenni
The Eleventh Doctor: Nobody important? Blimey, that's amazing. You know that in nine hundred years of time and space and I've never met anybody who wasn't important before.
Hi Liz,

I'd rather not post my real name. I'm 29, and graduated from college a little over 2.5 years ago. If you ever need someone to talk to about college life, feel free to PM me.

I also like mysteries a lot and have watched a few of the Sherlock shows. I just finished the first season of Broadchurch on netflix, which I really liked. (It's pretty intense).

I love animals, and dogs are my favorite, but I don't have one and can't, not where I'm living now. Sad

I have also been diagnosed with MDD and GAD, among other things.

If you're looking for a friend, feel free to PM.
Hey Jumper, What, you mean your name's not Jumper?? Smile Doesn't matter what you call yourself, it helps to have a handle to talk to someone and Jumper's as good as anything else.

I've been watching Criminal Minds but somewhere between season 4 and season 5 they took a twist that I don't care for. I'm not sure that I can say why but at season 5 they completely lost my interest. I've just watched the first two episodes of Broadchurch and it seems slow to me, like they're going to take the entire season to develop this case?

I have two dogs here, an Alaskan Husky called Avalanche and a Siberian Husky call Sasha (among other things!)

It's good to see you talking .... //al
-- Helen Keller