Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
True Friendship
There are many people that are a part of our lives that we have no control over.  We are born to parents and grow up with siblings.  For some people they have a great relationship with them all and for some there might not be any positive interaction at all with any of them.  For a great many of us it is a mixture of good and bad.  Something similar can be said for the people we work with.  For many of us we have workmates we are very cordial with while some we wish we could bash their skull in but I guess that won't keep you employed very long.

The one thing we truly have complete control over is the people we choose to call our friends.  There are various types of friends - ones we are pretty casual with and don't know too well all the way up to the ones we consider close friends.  Close friends are the best because they have, at some point, seen you at your weakest moments but still find it in their hearts to consider you their friend.  True friendship is the most cherished thing we can have, better than any form of material wealth there is.  True friends can see through our tormented and flawed layers and see the beautiful soul that is deep inside.

I guess this is a cautionary tale of sorts.  Don't do some stupid like me and risk losing the people in your life that you can call a true friend.  The love of a true friend is the greatest gift you can ever hope to receive.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Meliadus for this post:
  • UnicornSmudge
I've had very few good friends in my life, I'm honored that one of them is my Assistant Administrator here - we chat on the phone now and again and I think the worse it gets in our personal lives the more we feel (love and hurt) with the other - she's a gem par excellence.
I can't say that I have any friends on my life here.  Two have died on me - you know, getting old sucks that way! - and a couple that I left in Houston just can't be bothered keeping in contact ...
I understand Mel, it sucks when we finally find someone who's a friend and then we sabotage, intentionally or otherwise, the relationship.  What are the chances you can salvage it??
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
awwww, :blushes: you're pretty darn awesome yourself good sir! I'm honored to be your friend.

Mel, based on your "One" poem, is it safe to say that your treasured friendship is not lost after all? The poem seemed rather hopeful at the end....
Quote:"You'd be a lot safer & a lot happier if you were dumber."- My Therapist
I hope it is not but I think it's going to be more up to the other person to let me back in their life.