Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Books, Music and Movies
No_Escape:  Eventually I'll have to dig deeper but she didn't have many books mostly collections of magazines that mostly got left behind when I moved her.  Since I acknowledge, several time here, that I'm a god aware person the story in Left Behind is interesting.  Oh, I'm not - and probably never will be - a "born again Christian" (or even Christian for that matter) I respect the belief that others have and have nothing but the utmost respect for the (in my opinion) true Christian who believes and practices the teaching of the Bible.
That said, it's interesting to read the "prehistory" of some who have lived past the "Rapture".  The situations the authors put them in and the characters responses are enlightening in some cases and frightful in others.  As I said, as a fantasy it makes an enjoyable read.

NightSong - you should know better than to go reading things that will trigger you!  Maybe my delving into escapist literature, in both current senses of the word, is my way of avoiding those triggering events but, at my age, triggering is one thing I don't need.  Besides it really messes up a beautiful day to suddenly feel pressure from 40 and 50 years in the past.
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller

Messages In This Thread
Books, Music and Movies - by no_escape - 01-25-2014, 03:34 PM
Re: Books, Music and Movies - by Dragon - 01-25-2014, 04:51 PM
Re: Books, Music and Movies - by no_escape - 01-25-2014, 07:03 PM
Re: Books, Music and Movies - by nightsong - 01-25-2014, 07:11 PM
Re: Books, Music and Movies - by Dragon - 01-26-2014, 10:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ghostbusters and other "summer" movies lin 2 3,372 08-07-2016, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Fos-K
  Pastimes - watching the movies. Dragon 2 2,533 06-08-2013, 06:29 PM