Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idea...
Heart 
This may be the wrong forum so admins plz correct me!

I was thinking, what if I/anyone/"we" would "host" the chat room for a planned  time... i.e. a member could make a  post that they will definitely be planning on actively being on the chat at __________ day and time + time zone. Maybe like a party, if there is a host, others will show up...
 Has this been a thing attempted before? Like a totally voluntary thing... it seems as though many of the others here struggle with a thing i struggle with so much, the struggle of feeling connected or disconnected, however you see it... fostering some connection might be helpful, which is why i am posting this thread in this forum... Thoughts? I mean some of the folks are very responsive on the threads anyway but having a direct connection can really help, for me anyway, sometimes.
Just an idea. Feedback plz!
A bucket full of wishes... is sometimes too heavy

Loved  Gloomy
Hey, we tried something like this before. Have a look here: http://www.chronicsuicidesupport.com/for...p?tid=2982
But I really like your idea. Why not just try it out? Smile
A first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die. ~ F. Kafka
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Satiny for this post:
  • UnicornSmudge
Thanks @Satiny ! That was helpful, so i don't try to reinvent the wheel... I read the thread, looks like you did a few times, and y'all put a lot of thought into it! I have a crazy sched the next couple weeks but I'll proably piggy back the format and try to help revitalize the vision Smile when i have some more time. I am sure we all have crazy schedules, oh life!
A bucket full of wishes... is sometimes too heavy

Loved  Gloomy
@UnicornSmudge Not only do we have some crazy schedule, we're in the US, the UK, China, Indonesia - among a few other countries. Scheduling a chat get together can be "challenging" but if you're up to it give it a shot. I'll help however I can.

At one time chat was really active and you could always expect to find someone there to chat with ... for the last couple of years, finding someone in chat has been rare.
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
So how does the whole chat thing work??
At the top of the screen, above the black bar and to the right, you'll see "Chat Room, Search, Gallery" and a few more. If you click (I suggest right click -> open in new tab) on "Chat Room" it'll open up a new window (or tab depending on your browser) where you can chat with anyone else who is there.

That's how the mechanics of it work. I'd really love to see a Friday evening get together - but if it's, let's say, 8:00 PM (20:00) in the middle of the US then all the US is in bounds but that makes it 02:00 in London and it's 11:00 AM in Sidney, AU - - - which makes it kinda 'interesting' to say "Good Evening" to someone when it's the middle of their day / night depending.

I often keep a chat window open, but for some reason the bells don't sound on this machine so I don't know anyone has signed into chat unless I go look.
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
Thanks Dragon