Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's see ....
Hi UnicornSmudge,
I really like how you're writing and what you're writing. Welcome to the platform. I can understand that one feels shy (I felt the same way when I joined), but you'll see, people around here are really nice and since it's a small community, it's kind of a familiar atmosphere atmosphere around here.
So: HI! Smile I hope to see you around!
A first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die. ~ F. Kafka
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Satiny for this post:
  • UnicornSmudge
(02-14-2018, 03:25 AM)bloom4 Wrote: I just wanted to comment, people were wondering about why there are so few members.
I myself have been researching my trip on the bus for at least 10 years and the other day was the first time I came across this forum.
This seems to be a niche, maybe I'm wrong though, but it seems to be a rare in between of those who are relativity rational and who just believe in their choice and find comfort. I know I have been looking up my shroud and casket options and planning those things too.
There would be something extra comforting about a pill..a bus ticket as you will, that could just wait for me.  The panic and pressure is reduced.

anyways, when I read the info about this site, it was exactly how I felt. I don't know how I could of just googled this type of place..I wouldnt even know how to put it into words or know that others understood.  
ANyways, just interesting to me that I am just now finding this place after a lot of looking around.

I'm going to try to jump in here. I am only 2 days on the site so Im still trying to figure out the logistics. Yes, this site is a rarity. 
I am only 11 months out from my attempt, but I have diligently searched for help. I have been my most vocal advocate, making sure that I found a therapist im comfortable with and a doctor who wants to do more than give me pills and call it a day. I take survival very seriously. I am fighting to survice... but I want to die... every day.
No one... I mean NO ONE understands how I can want to die and choose not to.  I choose not to. I am afraid of what will happen when I no longer choose not to. 
There are no support groups for attempt survivors. We are generally dismissed as "crazy" or "criminal" and neither are given much weight. 
I have no opinion on looking for someone to date here. I'm only saying that I totally get that there are only a few here. There is still a terrible stigma that goes with suicide and mental illness. It is a taboo subject so I think that the majority of people suffer in silence.
Just my Thoughts.