Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pain...
I think most people don't understand how a mind in pain feels, forever aching and screaming in torment. Everyday, every setback your mind screams for rest, silence, peace. Brain noise continues long after external fires have been extinguished.  As I sit here typing the noise continues...I have not contributed to this world. I have not helped anyone. I am just the voice of an ideal out of control. I am the face that meets the angry faces with a false smile and empty words. I am the one that they send to calm the masses with false hopes and empty promises. I am all of the problems in the world. I embody them and carry them with me like a monkey on my back. I can smile through the fog, it is what makes me valuable. I am easily trusted for no other reason than a kind smile and an appearance of empathy. I am an empty shell even at these times. With the shake of a hand, a pat on the back and a soft voice even the most enraged face takes the form of an old friend. This is not a trust earned, it is a trust in someone my face reflects to them. I have not earned anything. As I watch the calm wash over their faces, the storm rages inside me again. I know yet again that my puppeteers will let me down and I will be approaching these kind faces, that now regard me as friend, with news that will break their heart and spirit. I am the puppet, the face of an organization, of an agency, a business. I am a shell. I embody all that is wrong with the world. My mind screams for peace, rest, silence.

This is somewhat ammended from my very limited blog.
A wasted life! This sad refrain Comes surging through my ears again; ~Illawarra Mercury, April 8, 1884~
(05-05-2009, 08:28 PM)MindCubicle link Wrote: I think most people don't understand how a mind in pain feels, forever aching and screaming in torment. Everyday, every setback your mind screams for rest, silence, peace. Brain noise continues long after external fires have been extinguished.  As I sit here typing the noise continues...I have not contributed to this world. I have not helped anyone. I am just the voice of an ideal out of control. I am the face that meets the angry faces with a false smile and empty words. I am the one that they send to calm the masses with false hopes and empty promises. I am all of the problems in the world. I embody them and carry them with me like a monkey on my back. I can smile through the fog, it is what makes me valuable. I am easily trusted for no other reason than a kind smile and an appearance of empathy. I am an empty shell even at these times. With the shake of a hand, a pat on the back and a soft voice even the most enraged face takes the form of an old friend. This is not a trust earned, it is a trust in someone my face reflects to them. I have not earned anything. As I watch the calm wash over their faces, the storm rages inside me again. I know yet again that my puppeteers will let me down and I will be approaching these kind faces, that now regard me as friend, with news that will break their heart and spirit. I am the puppet, the face of an organization, of an agency, a business. I am a shell. I embody all that is wrong with the world. My mind screams for peace, rest, silence.

This is somewhat ammended from my very limited blog.

Thank you for sharing this...... :hug08:

Peace &  :ht:,
Jenni
The Eleventh Doctor: Nobody important? Blimey, that's amazing. You know that in nine hundred years of time and space and I've never met anybody who wasn't important before.
This short paragraph is about my job.  I have an unusual job that often places me in a postion of dealing large groups of very scared and emotional people.  I care deeply about people and to have to become a cold hard person or emotionless person just kills me inside.  I have to convey the message of my employer without much consideration to the individual person.  I often feel that I am one of the problems in the world not one of the solutions because of my job.

I just wanted to clarify what this post was about.

:brk:

Mind
A wasted life! This sad refrain Comes surging through my ears again; ~Illawarra Mercury, April 8, 1884~
(05-11-2009, 04:28 PM)MindCubicle link Wrote: This short paragraph is about my job.  I have an unusual job that often places me in a postion of dealing large groups of very scared and emotional people.  I care deeply about people and to have to become a cold hard person or emotionless person just kills me inside.  I have to convey the message of my employer without much consideration to the individual person.  I often feel that I am one of the problems in the world not one of the solutions because of my job.

Mind

Well, thank you for sharing it....... I don't think you are a problem at your job from what little I've heard you say about your job..... It is kind of saddening to hear that you need to become a "cold hearted"  person in order to do your job, but what you do helps people, so thank you...... Also, thank you again for sharing.....

Peace &  :ht:,
Jenni
The Eleventh Doctor: Nobody important? Blimey, that's amazing. You know that in nine hundred years of time and space and I've never met anybody who wasn't important before.
(05-11-2009, 04:28 PM)MindCubicle link Wrote: This short paragraph is about my job.  I have an unusual job that often places me in a postion of dealing large groups of very scared and emotional people.  I care deeply about people and to have to become a cold hard person or emotionless person just kills me inside.  I have to convey the message of my employer without much consideration to the individual person.  I often feel that I am one of the problems in the world not one of the solutions because of my job.

Mind

Realize that some of those who are claiming to try to "help" the public are in fact stirring up more trouble and hurting them.  Don't take the world onto your shoulders...you really *are* one of the solutions.