Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coffee and suicide risk
A reason to enjoy that coffee
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/ea...-1.1410238
“Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.” ~ Seneca
If that were really the case then I'd never have been at risk.  I've been a coffee drinker since ... oh, hell, 12 - 13.  I remember drinking coffee when I was a youngster waiting for the school bus on the farm; then when we moved to California I threw an early morning paper route and always had a couple of cups of joe while on the route.

Even now, I'm one of those people who end up reading themselves to sleep with a cup of coffee at hand; make me go without coffee and I have a hangover that won't quit.  Caffeine withdrawal is a real bitch!

Dig some more, there have been a few interesting articles show up here, thanks!
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
Rats! I never drink coffee and was hoping that explained all my problems  Laugh
“Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.” ~ Seneca
(07-28-2013, 10:44 AM)blackcat link Wrote: Rats! I never drink coffee and was hoping that explained all my problems  Laugh
LOL!!  I thought I was the only weird non-coffee drinker!  Wink  (And I don't drink tea either, geez!)  I'm glad you posted this, I've had another article up in my browser for what feels like days waiting to read and see if it was worth posting here.

For me the effect of caffeine is the exact opposite- it's guaranteed that the heightened energy from caffeine results in increased suicidal thinking for me.  (Probably related to anxiety, but hey, whatev.) Smile
Quote:"You'd be a lot safer & a lot happier if you were dumber."- My Therapist
I don't drink coffee either, love the smell though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Assessment of Suicidal Behaviors and Risk Among Children and Adolescents Lurker.In.The.Night 0 2,049 12-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Lurker.In.The.Night