Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think we're almost there .....
I don't see me making many more changes to the system - except for one - somewhere between Christmas and New Years I'll change everyone to a better theme. It'll probably be the default for SMF - which is SMF curve.  After I do that, any theme you select will stay - I'll stop changing them

Speaking of themes, we now have several out there to choose from.  To get to them:
  • Selct Profile from the menu
  • If you're not in the "Look and Layout", click on Look and Layout about half way down the menu.
  • At the top where it says "Current Theme (change), click on 'change'
  • You can now see all the themes currently available.  To see what they look like click on "Preview".
  • When you find one you like, click on "Use this theme".

Speaking of adding things ... if you haven't noticed, what with all the other things I've done, there is also an 'Arcade' on the menu.  Are you tired, disgusted, frustrated - there are well over 100 games out there to kick back and relax with. 
One thing I've found - frustrating to me till NightSong told me - use the mouse to select the game, use the mouse to select options - then use the cursor keys, generally, to move things around.  (( the gun in Invaders, or the frog in Frogger, for example. ))

We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
Good job Dragon, cool stuff.
For those of you who don't know, I live in deep southwest Texas  :SCR: ( down by Terlingua / Big Bend National Park ).  While our weather is generally bright, comparatively warm ( or just plain hot ) lately its been cloudy, about three to four day of cloudy.
Since I'm retired that shouldn't be a problem - except for one thing - my electricity comes from the sun ( yes, I'm 100% off grid ) and when we have several days of clouds the batteries that I depend on for any electricity after dark don't get charged - so I end up reading by the light of a 'coal oil' lantern since I have no computer!!

Not that that really has anything to do with anything - but I was staying around in chat and it's rough to be in chat and have the lights go out - er, they go out without notice!!! - and people wonder what happened to me.  :gcat: No, I'm not angry, not upset, I'm just not there ....

I do have one request of anyone who's made it this far though, I've made a lot of changes and I know that people don't like change - change is scarey at worst and uncomfortable at best but ...
:NFB:
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
You've done a lot of work here (look at all these new icons!!!!).  I like everything you've done, and appreciate all the effort that went into it!!  Miss you when things are cloudy, but insert Annie song here..  Sun  Sun The sun'll come out tomorrow...  Wink

:hug08:

:fccrsh: (this is the absolute BEST!)
Quote:"You'd be a lot safer & a lot happier if you were dumber."- My Therapist
Chat is going away for a few minutes ( I *hope* it's just a few minutes!! )
-- Helen Keller
Chat is now back ( I think! ) with chat on the menu bar and 'users in chat' at back at the bottom of the page.

Chat opens in the same window / tab as the forum is in.  If you want it to open in a different tab, use
http://www.chronicsuicidesupport.com/forum/chat/ which will open in a new window - or a NightSong  so nicely reminded me, right click on chat in the menu bar and select 'Open in new Tab'.

//al
-- Helen Keller
Yup it is back, great work Dragon. I think that was the only functionality missing between this and the old version.
(12-24-2012, 01:10 PM)no_escape link Wrote: Yup it is back, great work Dragon. I think that was the only functionality missing between this and the old version.

Well, it works if you're on the default theme but may not work on some of the other themes.  Looks like I'm going to have to figure out how themes *really* work!
-- Helen Keller
I like the new favicon Smile
Quote:"You'd be a lot safer & a lot happier if you were dumber."- My Therapist
For those who might be wondering, there are two different sets of 'stars' associated with your profile.
For staff they are different colors.
For normal members they are based on your post count:
  • 1 - 10 Nickel - 1 star
  • 11 - 50 Bronze - 2 stars
  • 51 - 250 Silver - 3 stars
  • 251 - 500 Gold - 4 stars
  • 501 - 1000 Zinc - 5 stars
  • > 1000 Platinum - 6 stars
The stars themselves are all gold, though.
-- Helen Keller