Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suicide as escape from the Self
(01-08-2015, 03:20 PM)Eight Ball Wrote: One of the ways I look at suicide is as a sort of extreme form of self exorcism, whereby we eliminate the hated self, as we are unable to rip it out of ourselves.  I remember before one attempt I looked at my body in the mirror and cried for the poor old reliable mule that was the body I was about to kill.  I felt such horrible pity for it, and for the parts of me that were good, that they too, must die...  It seemed horribly unfair that I could not give this body to a quadriplegic, or someone dying of cancer that wanted to live.

(hug)

It's remarkable that you could see anything good about yourself at all. I'm not sure, at that moment, that last penultimate moment…that I could've said the same. 

Is there some way you could order your body be used for such and such after your death? To donate parts of it to others? That way you could have that wish in a way, except for the whole diseased brain part which should just be tossed in the trash methinks. 
"I want to thrive, not just survive." - Thrive, Switchfoot

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suicide as escape from the Self - by Lurker.In.The.Night - 01-10-2015, 10:48 PM