Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teardrop
Why can't my tears bear away this pain?
Is not their crystalline clearness supposed to bring clarity?
Are they not supposed to cleanse the cheeks as they follow the path of least resistance until they are absorbed?
What can absorb this pain?
Do tears not give shape and form to the entirety of human suffering?
Are they not supposed to be the catalyst of catharsis, the passenger that brings peace?
Why then, can the tears not draw from that deepest of abyss within me...
        why can they not reach?

Why does my shock,
                      my dismay,
                              my despair

ripple

down

back inside of me?

If there is a being that can contain this agony...

It is not I.

If there is a being that can see....

It is not from my eye.

The eye in which the tears

collect, collide, and slide

back inside to hide.
Quote:"You'd be a lot safer & a lot happier if you were dumber."- My Therapist
Forgive my sophomoric poetry.  It started at group today.  I got there late, having been too depressed to get my ass out of bed on time.  We were going over the homework and one of the other group members was discussing the effects on her from her friend's suicide a year ago. 

Then I read this https://www.facebook.com/WHOF1/posts/364627360229994 letter from a mother to a son that had committed suicide because he was gay.  (Which did move me to tears)

And then, continuing on my facebook feed, I came across this. https://www.facebook.com/Bi247/posts/253203894752680

So, for the first time in years, I felt compelled to write a poem.  So I did. 
I liked that poem. Smile

It really analyzed the purpose of tears and crying, and their relationship to pain/suffering.

Please write more poetry.
"I want to thrive, not just survive." - Thrive, Switchfoot
Thanks Lurker!  I haven't written poetry in so long, it was a little weird.  It's another reason why I dislike medicine, because medicine completely shuts off any creativity in me.
Amusingly enough, after being inspired last night to write my first poem in forever, tonight it comes across my facebook newsfeed that our library is holding their first annual poetry contest.  Not brave enough, but amusing nonetheless!
Being a typical male chauvinist, I don't do poetry, nor do I really understand it.  Ever wonder why I so seldom comment on someones poems.
This is bad, I googled male poets of the 20th century and it wasn't till I got to Ben Johnson that I even recognized a name!!!! and, please, don't ask me what he wrote, I just recognized the name.
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
I like the cascading of the words. There is good tension and release to the poem.
Thank you, no_escape.  I appreciate the feedback!  The idea of entering it into the poetry contest is growing on me, but I still don't know.
(02-06-2012, 11:16 AM)nightsong link Wrote: Thank you, no_escape.  I appreciate the feedback!  The idea of entering it into the poetry contest is growing on me, but I still don't know.

I don't see how entering it in a poetry contest could hurt you at all.  Smile
"I want to thrive, not just survive." - Thrive, Switchfoot