Universal Truths
Universal Truths:

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear
your computer history if you die.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you
realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was
younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm sure I
know how to get out of my neighborhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the
person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at
work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything
productive for the rest of the day.

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I
don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks
me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page research paper that I
swear I did not make any changes to.

14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this -
ever.

15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello?  Hello?
Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and
goes to voicemail. What did you do after I didn't answer? Drop the
phone and run away?

16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not
seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not
to answer when they call.

18. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

19. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or
Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.

20. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

21. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger
and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I
first saw it.

22. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand
than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.

23. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to
finish a text.

24. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and
hunger.

25. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just
nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they
said?

26. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team
up to prevent an ass from cutting in at the front. Stay strong,
brothers and sisters!

27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get
dirty, and you can wear them forever.

28. Is it just me or do high school kids get dumber & dumber every
year?

29. There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are
going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.

30. As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate
drivers.

31. Sometimes I'll look down at my phone 3 consecutive times and still
not know what time it is.

32. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car
keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pin the Tail on the
Donkey - but I'd bet my behind everyone can find and push the snooze
button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first
time, every time!
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
Amen and Amen.
one must imagine Sisyphus happy.
(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: Universal Truths:

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

I would not have thought of this. I think this site is the most taboo thing i have... and I've already told my parents (closest relatives) and my therapist about it, sooo... i mean and i guess ASHspace methods page which is bookmarked... they kinda know about that but not by name... and if I'm dead who cares!

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
Or, it can be mortifying but should be relieving to come to an understanding and end the argument.

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
... never had this problem. If they couldnt find me when i was little, they knew to look for me in a bed somewhere, i always loved sleep. Still love naps!

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
Yes Plz

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

Umm... i just roll it up. Usually i just wash, dry, and remake the bed with the same sheets to avoid this issue Wink

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
Yes! It's way quicker to take illegible notes during lecture if you don't pick the pen up between letters... most of us seemed to use a cursive-print hybrid...

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm sure I
know how to get out of my neighborhood.
.... but, when I'm leaving your neighborhood, i can't remember if i turned right or left two blocks away!

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
So would funerals and wakes!

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
... le sigh...

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 10. Bad decisions make good stories.
Usually. Sometimes they make bad secrets.

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
That's when i find a way to leave early...

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.
... I've been ignoring Blu Ray...

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.
Aaaaagh!!

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this - ever.
So sad! I line dry most of my clothes... which also helps humidify the room! Smile

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello?  Hello? Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What did you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?
Er... sorry... that's what i do! Unless it is very urgent...
"Oh thank god they didn't answer. Ill just call them back in 2 days or so if they try to reach me"...

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
Hmmm but if you see any strangers they don't know you and are thus fooled by your great looks and that can be a confidence boost of its own... and you can go back home and say, "oh boy!i didnt have to see anyone i know today, AND i looked great!"...

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
I go a step further. My phone contacts contain characters like "Ex. Do Not Answer", "fuck that guy", "Creeeepo", "Trouble", "do not talk to frank", and last but not least, "Wild Card" (one of my best party friends... gotta be prepared for those adventures)

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 18. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
Yes, but a dim one so when i am looking for icecream in the middle of the night i don't blind myself.

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 19. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.
Ask any bartender

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 20. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
Especially when traveling through unknown cities!

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 21. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.
Sometimes this is due to inebriation during the first viewing. also subtitles can really change perspective!!

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 22. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
Amen

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 23. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.
... or paint my nails... or eat soup...

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 24. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
Eat and then see about activity!

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 25. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?
Just say NOPE really loud and motion to dance with the person. Because discussion should not be priority at a loud show. Save it for mid-night coffee afterwards

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 26. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent an ass from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
YES

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Spoken like a true bachelor!
.... but, it is true... unless you spill mustard. Then must wash.

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 28. Is it just me or do high school kids get dumber & dumber every year?
It's not just you.

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 29. There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.
... depends on the beer...

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 30. As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers.
I just hate everybody, but mostly cyclists

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 31. Sometimes I'll look down at my phone 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
Agh! Right! Why???

(08-16-2010, 06:31 AM)Dragon Wrote: 32. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pin the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet my behind everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!
...priorities....
A bucket full of wishes... is sometimes too heavy

Loved  Gloomy
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to UnicornSmudge for this post:
  • nikoo_o

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Universal Vending Machine Dragon 123 99,834 05-26-2022, 11:44 PM
Last Post: UnicornSmudge