Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Book(s) are you reading right now?
(08-06-2010, 02:20 PM)Dragon link Wrote: Er, they have a German teacher and don't have a French teacher??

Well, yeah, but usually French and Spanish are the two most popular languages kids want to learn at school.... My daughter wanted to take French not German.....

Peace &  :ht:,
Jenni
The Eleventh Doctor: Nobody important? Blimey, that's amazing. You know that in nine hundred years of time and space and I've never met anybody who wasn't important before.
(08-02-2010, 06:48 AM)Lurker.In.The.Night link Wrote: [quote author=WelcomeToMyLife link=topic=1894.msg12034#msg12034 date=1280696767]
Necessary Illusions by Noam Chomsky. He is very thought-provoking,

Hey that fellow was a very influential Linguist! Good read probably. Smile
[/quote]

yes, he was a very cunning......

ok, i'm not going there
(08-06-2010, 09:12 PM)Thistle link Wrote: yes, he was a very cunning......

ok, i'm not going there

Big Grin
The Universe is expanding<br />But I don't feel a damn thing<br />There's nothing you can do about it <br />Keep on dancing<br /><br />- That Handsome Devil, &quot;Loving Parasite&quot;
I didn't get the joke. ???

O_- damnit.
"I want to thrive, not just survive." - Thrive, Switchfoot
(08-08-2010, 08:57 AM)Lurker.In.The.Night link Wrote: I didn't get the joke. ???

O_- damnit.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.ph...20linguist
The Universe is expanding<br />But I don't feel a damn thing<br />There's nothing you can do about it <br />Keep on dancing<br /><br />- That Handsome Devil, &quot;Loving Parasite&quot;
the last two books i've read were 'baby danced the polka' and 'what's wrong little pookie?'...

they're actually pretty good kids' books
"If I thought my answer were given to anyone who would ever return to the world, this flame would stand still without moving any further. But since never from this abyss has anyone ever returned alive, if what I hear is true, without fear of infamy I answer you.
- Dante "The Inferno"
(08-08-2010, 10:17 PM)EyeScream link Wrote: [quote author=Lurker.In.The.Night link=topic=1894.msg12152#msg12152 date=1281275858]

O_- damnit.

[/quote]

LOL now I get it. Tongue
"I want to thrive, not just survive." - Thrive, Switchfoot
(08-29-2010, 12:26 PM)Lurker.In.The.Night link Wrote: [quote author=EyeScream link=topic=1894.msg12156#msg12156 date=1281323876]
[quote author=Lurker.In.The.Night link=topic=1894.msg12152#msg12152 date=1281275858]

O_- damnit.

[/quote]

LOL now I get it. Tongue
[/quote]

'bout damn time!! << chuckle >>  Sheesh, some people are slow!!

Oh, and a new read The Final Exam by Rita Wynne.  It's about an American of German Jewish descent who's studying medicine in Austria in 1932 - 1934.  Good story line but it's turning into a modern romance (( way to much detail in the love scenes ))

(( I'm the type who enjoyed Playboy when there was something left to the imagination .... ))
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
I'm currently reading the first book in the Necroscope series by Brian Lumley.  My caregiver (medicinal marijuana), who also happens to be a close family friend, gave me the series, along with a few of Lumley's other books, and I find myself really absorbed by them.  I'm not generally into Sci-Fi, either.
After I'm finished with these books, I'm going to start reading The Dark Tower series by Stephen King for the second time, because they're going to be making movies and supposedly a television series about the books, and I want to be up-to-date on all of it again.  I strongly recommend this series!  It took me to an entirely different World, for two years of my life (it takes a while to get through the books when you're busy and working).  If you're into SK, it's his masterpiece in my opinion.  This and The Stand.
Up until a few months ago, I went through a period of reading only about WWII and the holocaust.  It became an obsession for me.  People are often surprised when they realize how educated I am on the subject.
Sarah
(09-23-2010, 12:01 AM)Lateralus link Wrote: I'm currently reading the first book in the Necroscope series by Brian Lumley.  My caregiver (medicinal marijuana), who also happens to be a close family friend, gave me the series, along with a few of Lumley's other books, and I find myself really absorbed by them.  I'm not generally into Sci-Fi, either.
After I'm finished with these books, I'm going to start reading The Dark Tower series by Stephen King for the second time, because they're going to be making movies and supposedly a television series about the books, and I want to be up-to-date on all of it again.  I strongly recommend this series!  It took me to an entirely different World, for two years of my life (it takes a while to get through the books when you're busy and working).  If you're into SK, it's his masterpiece in my opinion.  This and The Stand.
Up until a few months ago, I went through a period of reading only about WWII and the holocaust.  It became an obsession for me.  People are often surprised when they realize how educated I am on the subject.

I can understand the obsession with the Holocaust..... I'm somewhat obsessed with it myself.... A couple years ago my daughter was learning a little bit about the Holocaust in school and I sent in a book I had that contained a DVD with a few interviews with Holocaust survivors on it and the kids watched it in class (I think the teacher took the DVD home with her and watched it first to make sure there wasn't anything that might cause nightmares to young children first though)..... I don't know how many times I've watched the movie Schindler's List, I bought it on DVD because I love that movie.... I have a few books about it and I've looked up info about it on the internet..... I even corrected a friend's son's teacher on the subject matter because the teacher said one thing and I knew that what she said wasn't right.... Anywho, I will end this cause I am rambling on.....

Peace &  :ht:,
Jenni
The Eleventh Doctor: Nobody important? Blimey, that's amazing. You know that in nine hundred years of time and space and I've never met anybody who wasn't important before.