Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Book(s) are you reading right now?
(09-28-2010, 06:08 AM)Lurker.In.The.Night link Wrote: [quote author=Dragon link=topic=1894.msg12756#msg12756 date=1285643643]
If I have the choice I will *always* read the book first then go to see the movie.  I may grouse that some scenes that I felt important were left out of the movie; the alternative leaves me feeling like I should know what's going to happen but there's all this extra 'stuff' in there.

You are odd. I always get upset that the book is better than the movie when I watch the movie.  Tongue
[/quote]
I'm sort of film freak or something so I often see the movie first and read the book later if feel need for it (and I try to be film critic or whatever). Oftentimes I do not think if book or movie is better because they are so different formats. They are just different.

In this case I do fear more how Hollywood versions compare with original movies. Fortunately director and casting are looking good.
*And if I seem a little strange, well, that's because I am
*Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it.
*A tremendous feeling of peace came over him. He knew that at last, for once and for ever, it was now all, finally, over.
(09-23-2010, 12:01 AM)Lateralus link Wrote: I'm currently reading the first book in the Necroscope series by Brian Lumley.  My caregiver (medicinal marijuana)....

my son has his card as well....glad i dont have to worry about him getting busted any more.  i *so* love colorado!
(09-30-2010, 08:06 AM)Thistle link Wrote: [quote author=Lateralus link=topic=1894.msg12661#msg12661 date=1285218094]
I'm currently reading the first book in the Necroscope series by Brian Lumley.  My caregiver (medicinal marijuana)....

my son has his card as well....glad i dont have to worry about him getting busted any more.  i *so* love colorado!
[/quote]

Any criminal record over weed would be a damn shame.  Colorado is beautiful.
Sarah